Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

rear brake disc and pads

Mr Ian Smith

could any one advise me on rear electric parking brake. am going to replace rear brake on my 11 reg avenis t27 . do I have to reset my EPB with new brakes fitted, if so how will I do it. many thanks for any imfo on this

Konrad did a write up when he did his a while ago.  Try a search for rear brakes or similar in this Avensis forum.

• Like 3

Alan is correct. Changed well over a year ago. Here is my post:-

You need piston wind back tool with reverse function or a kit with both clockwise/anti-clockwise.

Your EPB should be the early version where you have to apply it manually when switching off the engine. Later version which auto apply have a service mode - you pull and hold the button, if I remember correctly.

• Like 3

Thanks you all for help. will give it a go

i did my partners 2010 tourer but i used a brake reset tool but it didnt rewind the pistons back far enough.ended up rewinding back by hand.when finished i just applies the brake and released the brake and used the rewind tool to check all was ok as its a fault code reader as well. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links