Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

SR180 Fuel and Oil Filters

Turbutch

Hi,

I've just bought an Auris SR180, compared to other T180/SR180s I tested this ones feels a little down on power but otherwise in good condition.  I'm hoping restoring it's oomph is nothing a good service won't sort out.  Reading various posts and after much Googling it looks like using a fuel additive like Millers Oils Diesel Power Ecomax might help but I wondered whether you guys were precious about brand of 5W-30 C2 rated oil, fuel filter and oil filter?

Mobil 1 M1 oil filters are meant to be the best but seem difficult to get of in England.  Does anyone even know other than engine longevity whether fuel and oil filters even make any tangible difference?

It could be something small 

Personally my list of things to do would be 

Clean out the EGR valve

Switch to premium fuel. The auris seems to thrive on it. 

Service engine ; normally use petronas oil, Bosch filters. 

Add a fuel additive to help the premium fuel clean the system. 

Take it on the motorway and get burn some fuel off to give the DPF a clean and then see how it feels. 

I plan to clean the EGR valve out at a later date (does it matter what fluids you use to clean it eg rubbing alcohol?).

Thinking of buying a decent 5 litre container of fully synthetic C2 oil like Fuchs.  Mechanic informed me today they would use SRS fully synthetic oil if I leave the whole servicing to them but I'm not familiar with this brand (anyone else heard of it?).  Contemplating buying Mahle oil and fuel filters if no one seems to have an opinion.

Millers fuel additive already on its way and will be on the motorway for about 2 hours tomorrow ;) but I'm not optimistic as it's recently been on a 3+ hour stint on the motorway :(

I normally use a good carb cleaner and a toothbrush to give it a good clean. 

Oil wise you'll need 6.3 litres Fuchs is decent just stick with something you know to be good. 

As i say i normally use Bosch oil filter in my car as i know that to be of a decent quality.

Get it on the motorway with some premium in ... In 4th gear at 70mph for about 20 miles ... Sounds daft put the heat in the DPF and exhaust air flow speed will burn off and push out any nasties in the DPF if it is starting to block 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links