Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Range clock reading wrong

Joregan75

Hi all 

This may be a strange question , the mile range in my 2009 avensis is reading wrong . It's reducing by one mile for every two miles I drive , I filled my diesel tank yesterday , and the range clock only read 398 miles for a full tank and ever since the range clock is reducing slowly . I reset the trip clock to check this, and for every two miles I travel the range is only dropping by one mile . Also the fact that the range clock only read 398 mile for a full tank is strange as normally a full tank gives a reading of approx 500 miles . Any ideas ??

It counts based on your average mpg

• Like 2

Also if one puts less than 15 litres of fuel in, this can cause erroneous readings.

• Like 1

Hi 

Alan surly if I drive a mile it should count a mile no matter how many mpg it's doing.  Thanks Frosty I saw that before alright but this time I filled the tank so I put in well over 40 ltrs. 

My petrol Avensis also gives a similar range, and I have sometimes been further. The computer is adjusting the range according to your driving style, as stated by Alan. 

So I guess it's a good thing that's it's counting down slower !! 

Thanks 

My T25 was doing that I filled the tank to the brim and drove it once it got to 3/4 full I topped off kept doing this for a couple of weeks and has now went up to 582 that was from around high 300's/low 400s.

3 hours ago, Joregan75 said:

Hi 

Alan surly if I drive a mile it should count a mile no matter how many mpg it's doing.  Thanks Frosty I saw that before alright but this time I filled the tank so I put in well over 40 ltrs. 

My OH once owned a diesel Citroen C4, in which she did regular short journeys in traffic.  It was quite a frugal car if driven lightly, and I sometimes used it for work etc on open roads.  I could usually get the range to read quite a bit higher after I'd driven 40 odd miles in it than before I'd started.  I used to joke that she owed me a fiver for the extra range lol.

• Like 2

Also if you sit with the engine idling, you will see both the mpg and range decrease.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

Also if you sit with the engine idling, you will see both the mpg and range decrease.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is still the case with with  my hybrid on winter mornings while clearing the windscreen.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links