Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What diesel or additives?

Kento

Hi all

This has most probably been asked before and i have seen a lot of discussion online about this but i was wondering the thoughts on what diesel folk recommend? Ie brand or supermarket and what they steer clear from.

Also i would like some input on fuel additives. Some say they can help prolong pump and injector life. From a bad hp pump failure and having to scrap that vehicle i am all for helping the fuel system, pump and injectors. We all could do without a hefty bill for one of them to fail.

Cheers

As david mentions.. Millers is the best. 

Last year we drove a truck to Mongolia and we added some of the most crappiest diesel in to our Navara... we added 1.5 bottles over about 20 tanks and the truck did not miss a beat. When i did it in 2009 we were plagued with rubbish fuel, so millers did the job nicely.

Used to use it on an old jag that had DPF issues too. Kept the light off for a few tanks.

Thanks peeps. 

I saw a review on Stanadyne Performance Formula Premium Diesel Fuel Additive. Not purchased anything and sure to check out millers. So far 100% recommended 😁

I tend to use Shell V-power Nitro for fuel more from the point of trying to keep the engine clean & avoid future problems rather than extra power or mpg. It is an extra 8p or so a litre though which would actually make using an additive probably cheaper (but it is convenient)! :P

You might have a look at this YouTube video. It suggests Redex can increase BHP performance and presumably mpg too.