Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Handfree with good noise reduction

Sivilin

Any of you use handfree in your IQ? The former owner of my IQ had installed Bury handfree kit which works fine at low speed, but at highway speed the person on the other end complains about the background noise. I'm thinking of getting a bluetooth handfree instead so I don't have to deal with wiring... But which one? Any advice?

I've got a Parrot bluetooth system installed. No problems ar all with reception and very discreet in car. I went for version without a screen that is voice controlled with a small press button pad. Cost £200 for supply and fitting. 

I have the iO Play2, SEE HERE no complaints, but I don't use it a lot for calls.

9 hours ago, en8wall69 said:

I've got a Parrot bluetooth system installed. No problems ar all with reception and very discreet in car. I went for version without a screen that is voice controlled with a small press button pad. Cost £200 for supply and fitting. 

What model is that? Is it the CK3000? - And have you used it at high speed aswell without the person in the other end had problems hearing you?

15 hours ago, Sivilin said:

Any of you use handfree in your IQ? The former owner of my IQ had installed Bury handfree kit which works fine at low speed, but at highway speed the person on the other end complains about the background noise. I'm thinking of getting a bluetooth handfree instead so I don't have to deal with wiring... But which one? Any advice?

Where is the mic?  Maybe it's in a noisy location and could be moved.

Fitting a bluetooth kit still involves hard wiring to the car, but then it's obviously a wireless connection to the phone each time.  We had Parrot 3100 kits on previous cars which were pretty good, although there are more updated ones around now which do music streaming etc.

• Like 1

I have the Parrot MKI 9000. Works fine at speed, not had any complaints.

24 minutes ago, en8wall69 said:

I have the Parrot MKI 9000. Works fine at speed, not had any complaints.

Ok, sounds great but looks like it doesn't have a Battery itself, so have to struggle with wiring. Where have you placed the mic?

33 minutes ago, alan333 said:

Where is the mic?  Maybe it's in a noisy location and could be moved.

Fitting a bluetooth kit still involves hard wiring to the car, but then it's obviously a wireless connection to the phone each time.  We had Parrot 3100 kits on previous cars which were pretty good, although there are more updated ones around now which do music streaming etc.

The mic is placed here (pic taken from Google), I have also tried placing it at the steering Wheel, didn't help.

mic.jpg.640ce2a8a3d62953ebdc90fb16accabe.jpg

20170410_110415.thumb.jpg.eaf51d597aa68d19158536bf080aa2b8.jpgThe place I bought it from installed it for me as it has to be wired into car elecrics.  I've got the mic up by where rear view mirror is coming out of headlining the button pad is on dash to left of steering column.  I've tried to attach pics. 20170410_110415.thumb.jpg.eaf51d597aa68d19158536bf080aa2b8.jpg

Try moving the mic to around the rear view mirror, ie away from wind noise form the door.

3 hours ago, Sivilin said:

Ok, sounds great but looks like it doesn't have a battery itself, so have to struggle with wiring. Where have you placed the mic?

All bluetooth kits will need wired into the car's loom.

I'll see if I have enough wire on my Bury to get it near rear view mirror.

1 hour ago, alan333 said:

All bluetooth kits will need wired into the car's loom.

The hand free I'm thinking of getting instead of Bury does not have any wires (something like Jabra Drive, Parrot Minikit Neo 2 HD ect...)

Some guys at work (truck drivers) have tried various types of 'sun visor' type bluetooth things.  None have lasted, they've all reverted to headsets.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links