Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

OBD compliant?

MuchMorepower

Hi all, does anyone know if my 2003 rav 2.0 diesel is OBD2 compliant? I have just replaced my radio with one running android 5 and it is good however it has torque app on it and I can't get it to work, the app connects to the ELM 327 OBD device but it can't connect to the car and read the ECU,

any thoughts on how I could resolve this muck appreciated?

btw had the rav4 a month now and loving it 😜

Cheers

Graham

Not wanting to teach you to suck eggs but I wasted an hour fiddling with my Auris and a similar device. Then I realised i had to put the ignition key into position 2 to connect to ECU once the phone was connected to the reader.

Torque then sprang to life.

D'oh!

Jez

I've had it in both positions (that sounds wrong😳) And with the engine running as well, I checked on a car list and it says that rav4's are only obd2 compliant after 2007, if it wasn't the I would have thought it would have a different plug but mine fits ok?

RAV4 sold in Europe are EOBD compliant, not OBD2.  That may be relevant - there are some differences.

As far as new cars sold in the EU go, all petrols had to be EOBD compliant from 2001 and diesels had to be from 2004. Although some manufacturers did adopt EOBD sooner than they were forced to by law it's not unusual for 2003 & earlier diesels not to work with these generic diagnostic tools. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links