Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

ODB data & DPF regen

db8000

Hi

I have a 2015 Rav4 2.0D - which was one of the first of the 2016 revisions (not sure if that'll be relevant).  Brilliant car - roomy, comfy and easy to drive.  I bought it as an ex-demonstrater at 11 months old with 9,000 on the clock from a main dealer.  It was a bit smelly and I could hear a fan run on after the engine stopped.

Just over three months in and 3,000 miles further, I go a warning light - I bought a cheap ODB reader.  It reported that the EGR valve was stuck open.  Probably needed a clean according to the internet but my local dealer replaced it under warranty so no bother there.  The smell and the fan have stopped after the fix.  My guess is that the car was attempting a regen, perhaps as a result of the EGR being stuck open.

I'd like to keep an eye on the DPF and how often it regenerates.  We do a real mix of driving.  Mainly the school run and shopping but once every 2 weeks or so it'll be on the motorway for at least 15 - 20 mins and I'm averaging a longer run (1-2 hours on motorway) once a month with work at the moment (but frequency not guaranteed).  I think we treat the car and the DPF fairly, but I'd like to make sure, especially if I don't do a long run with work for a couple of months.

There are various numbers reported through the ODB system including "PMCOMP" and "PMCOND" (pic attached) which Wikipedia describes as PM Filter Monitor Completion Condition Counts and PM Filter Monitor Conditions Encountered Counts.  The current readings are PMCOMP 81 and PMCOND 26 and we've done somewhere just over 13,500 miles.

Can anyone help interpret what these mean and/or tell me how to keep an eye on how often the car does a DPF regen?

Thanks v much!

Dave.

Rav4 PM readings 16-4-17.JPG

Hello David - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Rav4 club.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links