Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Previa 2004 headlight bulb replacement

tokyosam

I have just bought a late 2004 Previa T Spirit - its a UK model. I spent a couple of hours last weekend replacing the nearside headlight bulb - what terrible access from inside the wheelarch after removing the wheel and the arch liner. Even then access is not great. I just wondered if there is an easier way - whether removing the headlight assembly from the car is easier? I ask because I would like to replace the offside bulb with a higher quality bulb and the access looks worse if anything.

• 4 months later...

Looking at doing this myself without pulling the wheel arch out! How easy was it to get the wiring plug off before the lamp or did u remove the lamp first before the plug

Like so many newer vehicles, changing a headlight bulb has now been made so damn difficult...clearly designers never had to change one.!!

My wife had a Renault Megane CC a few years ago and that was just the same..terrible access.

You need lots of patience and preferably the hands of a  Barbie doll..

The Previa /Estima ain't any better..I think in most cases it's a "through the wheel arch" jobby..and I believe some later models it's a case of "bumper off".!...I dread having to change one of the Xenons on my Estima.!.:blink:

I'm sure I saw a Youtube "how to" video not so long ago.?

Neil