Do Not Sell My Personal Information

refub wheels

ffej

Hi spent 3 hours rubbing down one wheel only it have the spray react with original Finnish on it ,anyone any idea what to use 

Blocker etc ,and what colour to use as the original thanks for any info 

• 2 weeks later...

I`ve had this happen to me too....I painted 4 wheels for my mx5 and one reacted. I used a paint blocker,  I`m told it was a silicone tyre dressing that would have caused it, and a good wipe down with cellulose thinners after rubbing down should do the trick.

thanks for the info .I did have an idea it was the tyre dressing that I have used .will try again when the summer comes back lol 

Best way is to get the wheels powder coated. Once done won't have to touch them again. If you try and paint them then a few weeks later will be just as bad. My wheels were really bad got them blasted and powder coated still like new four years on. Around £50 per wheel mind.

Whilst we're on the subject of scuffed alloys. Is it worth getting the front alloys professionally refurbed, when you trade in for another Toyota, or just leave them scuffed?

Would the dealer knock the price down, by say £100, because of scuffed alloys, or still offer market trade value?

the dealer will mark down your trade in for damaged alloys. He will also get a better price for refurbing them than you can because he will give the contractor regular business. So, you need to negotiate with him how much he marks it down by.

• Like 1

They will have to wait ,got a timing belt to pay for at the moment ,being a 2002 wouldn't get much as a trade in 

1 hour ago, ffej said:

being a 2002 wouldn't get much as a trade in 

was replying to fordulike's post.