Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Will an Avensis space saver fit

Jezclax

All,

Just a quick one - looking on everyone's favorite auction site I can see that Avensis Spacesavers are more plentiful than Auris ones. Would one of these fit my Auris (Mk1). Looking online it seems the PCD and Bore are the same for Avensis and Auris as is the offset. (some listings have the wrong PCD for the Avensis wheels) Tyre size is the same (125/50T17) Specifically I am looking at 2003-2008 and maybe 2008- onward Avensis wheels.

My Auris has a dip in the floor which I will measure before purchase.

Regards,

Jez

Hi,

According to this website, you might find 2008 and earlier Avensis have a different PCD to your Auris, is this one you looked at? :-

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/toyota/avensis/

I recently went through the same situation but for a 2013 Auris.

Just as background, in the Mk 2 a new plastic trim is required; the wide section that runs across the back of the boot covering the boot lock.

The new one is much shallower so the tyre can tuck underneath it. Remarkably. the trim (comes with clips) was only £7 from Toyota. If the Mk1 needs it, hopefully the price is as competitive.

The correct Toyota hold-down bolt was more like £11 IIRC.  Later, I found an identical (but with a longer thread and not zinc plated) for a Yaris was £4, which would probably fit if you put the wheel in upside down.

In the MK2 the wheel is supposed to fit dish downwards and some rubber chocks (4) are used to stop the steel rim from touching the well. But the space inside the wheel is too small for the jack or handle, so you're not saving much space. If it is put in wheel-dish upwards only the tyre itself touches the wheel well (so, good), but you need a longer hold-down bolt, or to extend a shorter one with a coupling nut and a piece of M8 studding.

I can't remember how different the boot is in a Mk 1.

The safety spare weighs 12 kg, as against 16 kg for a 195/65 x 16 Toyota alloy and tyre; I thought it'd be lighter than that.

If you were to need a new 'safety' tyre (to replace a knackered one on a used eBay wheel?) they are about £70+ IIRC.

HTH

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.

Finding that avensis ones (2008/9 on) are the same rolling radius as my original tyres. 225/45 17.

Looking at the boot I don't think the trim is an issue. Just checking the wheel will fit in the space.

Regards,

Jez

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links