Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

AURIS Hybrid 2012 battery replacement

bursco

Here we go again with batteries - I have looked through forum but thought I would ask anyway.

Have googled all over - anyone any ideas if this Battery is ok for my Toyota Auris hybrid 2012, a little bit cheaper - size is right - terminals right way.

http://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/varta-b34.html

Auris is not putting ready light on sometimes (hot or cold which is strange) and soon drops below 12.2 volts - have removed Battery and used a slow charge but after a few days it happens again.

Thanks for any replies

Hi Denis,

What is the lowest the Battery goes down to?

When I had a problem, my Battery had fallen below 11 volts.

I would check the voltage on the Battery while the car is in READY mode and see if the voltage across the battery. It should read at least 14 volts, if it doesn't then either the battery is faulty or there is a problem with the cars charging circuit. The second possibility fits the problem of the battery discharges over a couple of days.

have you changed the Battery in the keyfob just incase the signal isnt strong enough

You can even hold the key fob closer to the start button, I keep forgetting to check the Battery in the fobs for the Yaris. 

Have you tried charging the Battery with a smart charger...c-tech or similar ....I got a charger from Aldi for about £13 and it will revive a Battery when I thought it would need replacing....I even bought a new Battery for my motorbike a year ago but have not needed to fit it thanks to my Aldi charger.

Don`t use one over 4amps and disconnect the battery first.

Have you tried charging the battery with a smart charger...c-tech or similar ....I got a charger from Aldi for about £13 and it will revive a battery when I thought it would need replacing....I even bought a new battery for my motorbike a year ago but have not needed to fit it thanks to my Aldi charger.

Don`t use one over 4amps and disconnect the battery first.

I got one from Lidl, but probably the same one.

Used a jump starter to keep the settings and allow the remote locking, while the Battery was removed.

That taught me not to leave a OBD wifi thingy plugged in over the weekend ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links