Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My idea for installing tomtom navigation

adalb1

Once turned off, it is invisible to the thief. I used a Brodit adapter for fixing

Hi Slawomir,

Very nice and neat, well done! :smile:

Just a thought for anybody else wanting to do something similar....A 6 inch Kindle fire tablet fits in that space on a Mark 1 and Mark 2 Aygo and if you want something a bit different, you can download a good sat nav app (Co Pilot, Sygic (Which has Tom Tom maps) or something similar) and you can also download the Torque app which will give you a good selection of guages (I have Water Temperature. MPG, A decent fuel guage, a voltmeter and a digital speed readout on mine).  You will need an OBD2 transmitter (Bluetooth) connected to the OBD port on your car.  The readouts are very accurate and look good.

You can flick between the two apps with ease and it looks pretty good as you can make a neat job of the charging wire, as Slawomir has done.

Nice idea, Slawomir, Thanks!

• Like 1

Looks nice, but how to you manage to get GPS signal at that specific spot, so far away from the glass surfaces (e.g. windshield and windows)? I have to admit I have not tested my GPS-enabled smartphones in that space but I will. :-)

I have no problem, it's the same as the window. I control voice navigation.

Hi @Pytheas

Like Slawomir, I have had no problem with a GPS signal in that space.  I have had a Garmin Satnav, Smartphone and a tablet down there and have always had a good signal.

How are you getting along with that floor/footwell problem of yours?

Ta Leme :smile:

• Like 1

The navigation is responsive to voice commands, so my legs are always free

On 4/22/2017 at 2:14 AM, Agent Orange said:

Hi @Pytheas

Like Slawomir, I have had no problem with a GPS signal in that space.  I have had a Garmin Satnav, Smartphone and a tablet down there and have always had a good signal.

How are you getting along with that floor/footwell problem of yours?

Ta Leme :smile:

Didn't have the chance to test my smartphone's GPS there, but I'll take your word for that. If this actually works, I will not have to buy myself a smartphone car cradle (that I planned to) as I will just toss my smartphone down there and have the mirror screened to my head unit's display :-)

@Agent Orange No updates so far, as I didn't have the opportunity to pass by a Toyota dealer since then (I had an operation in the meantime and was idle most of the time). I have it in my mind though - thanks for bringing this up / Efharisto!

I am glad to hear that you are "On the mend", Vassilis....Perastika.