Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 RAV 4 XT3 3-door

Jonesy21

Hi,

I am after some advice..... aren't we all!

I am sure my queries have been asked before, so my apologies if I missed the answers... I have looked through the forums, honestly!

Presumably a refurbished alternator that I need is the same for a 5 door model and a 3 door model? (2.0 litre) a new one is very expensive I understand.

I also need the 2 middle sections of the exhaust, I have been informed these will cost approx £1,100 is this correct? if so, is there a cheaper option anywhere and how do I find out the part numbers for the correct parts?

Thanks for any help provided

Certainly in the diesel version same engine in 3 or 5 door so same alternator. I imagine the petrol version is same. But u can have ur own done up as they say in my part of the world, ie - repaired which is what I wud do.. eBay maybe for ur exhaust or shop around the exhaust places. Reg no or chassis no is usually sufficient for identifying parts on a motor (regarding part no for exhaust).

• Like 1

You can use the Amayama online parts catalog to find part numbers - Link

Google "alternators rebuild UK" or something similar (perhaps your county name) to find a rebuilder near you.

• Like 1

Many thanks to Jez,Anthony and Ian for your tips, I will get onto Mr Google and let you know how I get on. Most grateful your your input.

• Like 2