Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sky seats

mayday1905

I have been reading the forum on leather seats for the iQ but nowhere did anybody say what the cost is for them. Anybody know if there are alternatives to leather covers?  Anybody changed those front seats to 'normal' ones?  I saw somebody found the driver's seat very uncomfortable and needed physio after driving a little time. I find them comfortable but they go up and down, forward and every which way. Perhaps this isn't available on all models?

I fitted aftermarket seat covers to my iQ. The company I used is extremely good and the material they use is top notch...not cheapy stretched nylon stuff. Leather covers are also available from the same company. I guess as far as 'comfort' goes, one man's meat is another man's poison....or one woman's meat is another woman's poison to be politically correct. I have had serious back problems for nearly 30 years and I find my 2010 iQ seat one of the most comfortable I've ever had.

Here's the link to the company some of us on here have used :)

http://www.jcseatcovers.co.uk/

• Like 1

Thank you so much for those details 2015iq.  However my car is 2012 model and the headrests are incorporated in the seat!  I agree these are very comfortable as also have suffered 30 years of back problems. I did not find any covers incorporating the headrest so I cannot take advantage of this company. It seems perhaps with other models there are separate headrests?  However nothing seems to be available for my particular seats which are those of the iQ model 2012.  Best wishes and thank you for the information.  Joy

Hello Joy..... tbh I was under the impression that all the iQ's have the headrest incorporated in the front seats, the only difference being the later models having a see thru gap, and height adjustable.

My seat covers are the same as DarthIQ73 (Matt) has posted, take a look at this link and scroll down 3 posts to see his pic.

2015 iQ  Yes I found the photo and they look the same shape as the seats in my car BUT I DONT HAVE THAT ELBOW REST BETWEEN THE TWO SEATS AND MINE IS AN AUTOMATIC 2012.  WHY DO THEY KEEP CHANGING THESE SEATS??

The arm rests have all been added by the owners, they aren't standard or even Toyota parts.

All iQ seats are the same except for the fabric / leather choices.

Craig.

On my Toyota seats it says SRS airbags.

Does anyone know if new seat covers inhibit the operation of the airbags ? I suspect they do.

1 hour ago, Solidtop said:

On my Toyota seats it says SRS airbags.

Does anyone know if new seat covers inhibit the operation of the airbags ? I suspect they do.

Hi Paul........good question. It depends on where you get them from. It's one of the questions I was asked by the company that made the seat covers for my iQ.  I stated that my seats have airbags and they were made to suit. Perhaps JC Seat Covers should be paying commission lol, but they are very good and make covers to suit seats WITH airbags, and without. Excellent quality too. 

http://www.jcseatcovers.co.uk/

Im afraid I live in Switzerland and so this company with the seat covers would be no good to me.  A pity. Anybody know one in Switzerland?

• Like 1

Thanks 2015IQ , it was something i pondered on when thinking about covers.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2017 at 1:52 PM, mayday1905 said:

Im afraid I live in Switzerland and so this company with the seat covers would be no good to me.  A pity. Anybody know one in Switzerland?

Hi Joy......hear of the saying, "You don't get if you don't ask" ?  Lucio at JC Seat Covers is very helpful, he talked me through my own questions about seat covers for my iQ and he's been a great help. I was sure he'd be able to help you so I contacted him and asked.

He replied to me;

JC seat covers <jc@jcseatcovers.co.uk>

2:42 PM (2 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif

Hello Gerry,

Thank you for your query.

Yes, we post to Switzerland, no problem.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,
Lucio
JC seat covers
Sales & Customer Care
0044 - (0)20 8242 1891
0044 - (0)1527 894 535

So if you want decent seat covers using proper car upholstery material, (not universal stretchy type material)....... :)
  • Like 2