Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Rear Passenger door - replace or fill in and spray

astrym

I damaged my rear passenger door in car park (big dent) - first time ever I've done anything so stupid (tried to go around a concrete pillar to avoid someone, as I was in a rush).  We've had this car since it was born, so the touch-up paint is 199 (metallic silver). I still have the original little pot of paint. I can't find 199 anywhere and don't know what replaced it. Mind you, even if I did, the rest of the car is old so it may look odd with a freshly painted door, I don't know.

Should I get it taken to a body shop and get them to work on the existing dented door or should I try and buy a second hand door (not that simple, been looking).

The car is not worth much and I can imagine a body shop repair would be at least £500.

It's a 2001 Yaris, 5 door 1.3 GLS/CDX Auto mileage only 28k.

I was thinking about now getting rid of the car if the repair is too expensive but it just came back from its service and MOT last week and the Toyota Service Manager at Jemca said my car was in tip-top shape and the newer cars have more problems as they're more complicated, so I should stick with mine.

What should I do?

IMG_9483.JPG

Have you tried any local scrappies? Would've thought there would be a few of those silver ones around, and I reckon it's probably only bolt off, bolf on. 

17 minutes ago, fordulike said:

Have you tried any local scrappies? Would've thought there would be a few of those silver ones around, and I reckon it's probably only bolt off, bolf on. 

Not yet but have looked at eBay with not much luck. Will scrappie hunting in person this week, thank you.

Might be worth trying a SMART repairer, such as Chips Away

Would be cheaper than the body shop repair you quote.

Try a local back street paint/bodywork shop for a price and take it from there.

As it's a sixteen year old car, can you live with the dent?

Hi Bathtub tom, I guess, I can as it makes me a bit more gangsta - v. important when driving through Sarf Landhan. 

3 hours ago, fordulike said:

Might be worth trying a SMART repairer, such as Chips Away

Would be cheaper than the body shop repair you quote.

Ok, good point, I might as well as it'll be a good starting point. Thank you.

The scratches will have to be filled, but the big dent can just be popped out in place.  Actually, finding a replacement door may be a cheaper way to go.

• Like 1

On 26/04/2017 at 9:31 AM, Justhandguns said:

The scratches will have to be filled, but the big dent can just be popped out in place.  Actually, finding a replacement door may be a cheaper way to go.

Thanks, I'll try eBay again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links