Do Not Sell My Personal Information

about to buy an Auris Hybrid estate

martin68

Hi guys, i haven't yet chose my new car, but it's going to be a used Auris Estate from around 2013 onwards.

I have several questions which i hope you can answer me:

MPG, I have seen that some (on Auto trader) state 70Mpg while others state 78Mpg , Are there two different engine types or different efficiency versions?

Also which Auris estate model has all the "toys" as standard? I see theres Icon, Icon+, Business, Sport etc. Which one is the most well equipped and dose the higher Mpg?

Only one hybrid powertrain in the Auris. Difference in quoted fuel consumption probably down to two different wheel/tyre sizes. Some fitted with 15 inch wheels and 165/55/R15 tyres, some with 17 inch wheels and 225/45/R17 tyres (the latter having the heavier fuel consumption and higher CO2).

Auris Touring Sports Hybrids around 2013 vintage came in the following ascending levels of trim: Icon, and Excel, with the Icon Plus slotting in between the two levels, from May 2014.

so theres only two levels of trim?  im guessing the exel is the higher trim spec, am i correct?

So where dose the Business version fit in?

Also, why are they fitting 17" wheels if this makes the car less efficient? I thought a Hybrid is all about eficiency.

Your post indicated you were looking at an Auris around the 2013 vintage, so the response detailed the trim levels available in 2013-14.

I listed the specs in ascending order, so the Icon was the more basic and the Excel the better equipped.

The Business Edition came with the trim revisions of the 2015 mid-life facelift, and from October 2015 the trims levels, in ascending order, are: Active, Icon, Design, Business Edition, Excel.

As regards the different sizes of wheel/tyre, as with most manufacturers there is a tendency to fit 'sportier' wheels with lower profile tyres to the higher trim levels. The 15 inch wheels may be an option depending whether one buys new and what trim level one decides upon.

thank you, and sorry i wasnt aware that the business edition came later.