Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla 1CD-FTV Into rav4

Johnmac21

Hi new here .I have changed engine in rav 4 to a corolla 2.0 d4d I had to transfer everything from rav4 to corolla block.now it will start but won't rev above 3000 revs also camshaft position sensor circuit code po340 keeps coming on tried resetting just comes straight back on is this because I've blanked egr?anyone successfully done this swap?help plz it's driving me mad lol

P0340 is set because the Engine ECU is not getting a signal from the Camshaft position sensor, without this the ECU will not allow the engine to start.

I've noticed the crankshaft pulley have different part numbers if it is a different diameter this could be the problem

Yes as the sensor is reading a pickup on the pulley if this is different to what the ECU is looking for then the fault code will set

Nope not that as timing gear behind crank pulley.pulley just runs alternator and power steering pump.I think the problem is egr valve as the corolla engine doesn't have egr cooler pipe from manifold into cylinder head I've blanked it off but could this be putting it into limp mode?