Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best colour for the Avensis - any generation.

Konrad C

Yesterday while out walking, I saw a very nice looking Mk1 face lift vvti, metalic gun metal grey, passing by followed by a Mk3 in a slighty different shade of grey. Both cars looked good. I remember seeing a late Mk2 Avensis in a similar colour a few years back. I wanted an Avensis in that colour, so long as it was in good overall condition. My old car was green.

I end up buying my Tyrol Silver Mk3, a colour I like. :smile:

I had a mk2 gunmetal grey and it looked brilliant. Got the off-silver mk2 now which isn't as shiny but I think suits the car.479a9f1d41a71626ee385b150b284ecc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I owned a dark blue 1.8 Avensis Tourer on a 60 plate which I thought was a smart looking colour. However, it seemed to show up all the dirt and I found keeping it clean time consuming.

When I recently bought my current Tourer I was more interested in the overall condition of the bodywork (and engine, tyres etc) and was not too bothered about the colour. Mine is Pearl White which looks very nice but does not have the rich depth of shine that a dark coloured car has. Being pearlescent it will be difficult to match should I need in the future to make minor bodywork repairs.

I did not particularly like the Toyota greys and silver colours but must say I am impressed with the look of thomJones83 silver Avensis, particularly as it's over 10 years old. Well done!

• Like 2

I owned a dark blue 1.8 Avensis Tourer on a 60 plate which I thought was a smart looking colour. However, it seemed to show up all the dirt and I found keeping it clean time consuming.

When I recently bought my current Tourer I was more interested in the overall condition of the bodywork (and engine, tyres etc) and was not too bothered about the colour. Mine is Pearl White which looks very nice but does not have the rich depth of shine that a dark coloured car has. Being pearlescent it will be difficult to match should I need in the future to make minor bodywork repairs.

I did not particularly like the Toyota greys and silver colours but must say I am impressed with the look of thomJones83 silver Avensis, particularly as it's over 10 years old. Well done!

Thanks for the kind words, just clayed, t-cut, polished and waxed the old girl...come up pretty well...00b77af145b86593edb88baeea942a36.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi Thom. Your "old girl" certainly doesn't look like an old girl! Looks very tasty!

I owned a nearly new Kia Ceed Sportwagon and when washing it for the first time noticed paintwork not smooth on driver's side of roof and, on both doors about 8 inches below the windows on the same side. Not sure whether it was contaminants but would have expected these over most of the car, so might have been overspray.

Although not having done it before, I decided, with some trepidation, to use a clay bar. Washed the car and must say the claybar worked a treat! The contaminated areas became as good as the rest of the car. Although the car didn't seem to need it I then used some Meguiars wax and finished it off with Auto Finesse Tough Coat sealant which I understand is particularly good for white cars. However, I don't think white cars ever have the deep shine of darker cars but must say I was very pleased with results. 

I now slide my hand over friends' car paintwork and often it is quite rough showing signs of contamination! But most of them hadn't even heard of clay bars but said they couldn't be bothered to use them anyway! Their loss as I'm sure you appreciate!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links