Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash cam

Bitch1001

Can anyone recommend a decent quality dash camera 

so much choice I'm baffled ... I would like it hard wired in as well 

thanks in advance 

If you want a small, discrete unit that is easy to hard-wire, look at the BlackVue range. 

I have a DR450 single channel one with the GPS add on and it really is fit and forget and so small you can hide it behind the mirror and not notice it is there. They speak to you too so you know it's working at the beginning and end of the journey.

My only complaint with it would be the micro SD card is supplied blank so you need to go to https://www.blackvue.com/ and download the firmware to copy onto the card before it will work. Minor issue if you are aware of it but if you didn't know that, you could spend ages thinking you have a faulty unit.

Craig.

Hi Jo,

I have used one of these for the past 18 months:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B018QQJX66/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I love the thing as it comes with an SD card and you can remove it from your car without unplugging the charging lead as that fits into the base.  It's a tiny, discreet thing and even though it has a chrome bezel around the lens and is finished in piano black, you can hardly see it from outside the car.

I have it mounted behind the mirror, on the passenger side and you forget it is there, although you are reminded every time you switch the engine on as it gives a little tinkle (For those of you who want to make your own jokes up at this point, that's the best way to describe it, honest!)

The quality of the playback is amazing and it is so easy to fit. The charging unit fits into your car socket (Cigarette lighter, as they used to be called) and you have a blue light on the end of it with a twisting top to reveal a usb charging port, so you can still charge your phone.

It has been brilliantly thought out and I looked at a few Dashcams before I bought this, plug-in ones and hard wired but I found that I didn't need to hard wire it as I ran the lead from the centre console through the space at the back of it, under the 12v socket (There is just enough room to jiggle the plug through) grabbed it from the back of the console (In the drivers footwell) pulled the cable along, under the steering wheel and up behind the door seal (Its a simple pull off/push back on job) to the roof lining where I just fed it in until I got to the rear view mirror.  Attach the really good suction pad/mount to the window and plug the lead into it...Slide the camera into place and you are done. :smile:

I hope that helps, in some way, Good luck and all the best!

I have been using a MiVue 568 and am very happy with it. Of course they have much newer models. I bought it was because it uses the Sony Exmor sensor which is very good at night. There are newer models with rear camera as well. Mine is constantly plugged in to the cigarette lighter USB plug, it switches itself on and off during ignition. The software for playback on your computer is also a bit of a fun to watch as it also locates you on the google map while you drive on. I run the USB cable behind the dash and it comes out only next to the mirror, which is where the cam is sitting behind. Most of the newer cams has got GPS/G-sensors which records way more of information than you ever need (yes, speed as well...). I had a cheap brand-less one from China and it's just rubbish. Get a decent one and it will last.

Hi i use the Nextbase 402g professional . Its hard wired into car .Very easy to install camera is very good quality easy to use. I bought it from 

http://www.3wisemonkeys.co.uk/camera/car-camera/dash-cam-camera/nextbase-402g-professional-in-car-cam/. Comes with sd card and case.Also i searched net for a discount code and i think i got another 5% off.