Do Not Sell My Personal Information

how easy or difficult is it to add satnav

martin68

i placed our antenna on the little ledge by the lower right hand bolt for the headunit

it works a treat there,if yours is the oem you may have to take it out of the plastic housing

so you have the 50mm square antenna by itself

the lips need to be removed with this type of antenna

i know this as this is the one we bought and wouldn't fit

it only took a few minutes to remove them.

gps lips.jpg

Well I ended up using the original short lead antenna and glued it on top of the right vent pipe as it was quite a flat surface, and fitted everything together as per instruction on this thread. At first the map remained in Scotland (i'm in Wales) and it wouldnt update, i checked the system info and it stated that it was receiving 8 out of 12 satellites (if my memory serves me right) so i decided to take the car for a spin, and no sooner i drove out of my drive way and onto the road, the map updated itself.

The voice is nice and easy to understand, and I love the way she tells me in a slightly aggressive voice that i'm over the speed limit!

The satnav works perfectly, so many thanks to @G6-R for putting me onto it and posting the link.

Now that I have Satnav, I feel that my Auris Hybrid is more complete, and have the bug of wanting to improve on the toys even further, such as HUD and footwell lights just for that finishing touch. I'll start a new thread now regarding a HUD (head up disply)

On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 7:46 PM, Devon Aygo said:

I do have a go plus now which was standard in my car.

I was wondering if kits also exist to add dab to the system. Didn't get that as an extra on the radio here as dab is not popular yet.

12 hours ago, haelewyn said:

I do have a go plus now which was standard in my car.

I was wondering if kits also exist to add dab to the system. Didn't get that as an extra on the radio here as dab is not popular yet.

I will not be possible to add DAB to your existing head unit, as the DAB circuits are built inside the main unit and not as a separate box. You could possibly replace your head unit, Ive seen plenty on eBay for about £150 ish without the nav box.

• Like 1

Thanks for this info and for pointing out the option.

Having an external unit, different brand would work too. Or apps like aha or other ways, via USB or auxiliary. Still all stations here use fm as their main transmission method but change is coming.

Feel a bit sorry now about the 2014 Auris. Would like the safety sense and dab options, so maybe one day I will trade mine in. Maybe I will open a new topic tonight as I am dwelling. .

our 2013 auris hybrid has Dab so yes swap the head unit and buy a dab aerial

on the back of the headunit if you have Dab there will be a blue socket by the

aerial socket

• Like 1

It's rare that i get incoming phone calls while driving, but I did last night and I tried to answer the call using the buttons on the steering wheel, but ever since i added the satnav box (which is "go" not the "go plus") I now get a message on the screen that voice recognition is not available when I tried to take the phone call.

I'm sure It worked before the satnav upgrade that when pressing the button that looks like a phone lifted off its base symbol, that it answered the phone call.

the blutooth is working and the car Speakers did ring the chosen ringtone and the lcd screen did show of an incoming call, just I could not answer it.

Any ideas?

I just thought ide update on the last entry i made above this one.

I had since found out that the incoming call i was receiving that night was a facebook messenger phone call, and answering this type of call obviously does not work.

I had since received proper phone calls and they answer just fine by using the steering wheel buttons.

• 6 years later...

It seems that touch and go and touch2 gps antenna connector are different models? Is there an adapter or how can I modify it so that I don't have to change the gps antenna?

Certainly VmR, the references for the antennas are different:

Touch and go v.1: PZ490-00330-A0

Touch and go v.2: PZ490-00338-00

But I don't know if the connectors are different.

I bought and installed the v.1 antenna because my navi was v.1, which version have you?