Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

X-touch to X-nav

OriginalMoz

Sooo...the Mrs has just bought an Aygo that has the x-touch multi media system in. Does anyone know what's involved in adding the x-nav to it? The Toyota dealer said they could add it for 700 quid, I'd have thought it was just a case of plugging in a box or more simple, a software update.

Excellent cheers.

I guess the next question would be where to get it from LOL. Looking at it, I'm guessing most of the 700 they want to charge would be for labour. Have you done it?

Only the Aygo has the X-touch and X-nav systems.

Aside from a Toyota dealer, you could try E-bay or a breakers for a second hand unit. Obviously a second hand unit won't be covered under the new car warranty

• Like 1

Yeah fair comment.

I fit vehicle telemetrics so I might see if it's something my suppliers can get.

:biggrin:

3 hours ago, OriginalMoz said:

Excellent cheers.

I guess the next question would be where to get it from LOL. Looking at it, I'm guessing most of the 700 they want to charge would be for labour. Have you done it?

£700 is way to high the Aygo nav only takes 37 minutes to fit ( average dealer rate of £90 ph + vat = £64.80 incl vat ) and the kit costs a lot less than £600. I think they have quoted for Touch nav as fitted to the rest of the Toyota range and not x-nav as fitted to Aygo

It is not worth buying X-nav, poor maps and paid updates

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had the X-Nav thrown in to make the sale but i'm glad i didn't pay for it, The maps are poor as adalb1 says and the guidance is a lot different to my Tomtom device. Not only that but its very limited in its functionality compared to a dedicated device such as Tomtom which i find a bit annoying given the cost for those who buy it.

The only positive thing i can say about it is that because it is built in there are no wires and suction cups to mess about with.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links