Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Refitting rear wiper arm

keith2511

I have an 03 plate French built Yaris. I removed the rear wiper arm because it had become loose but I'm now having difficulty in refitting it.

Grateful for advice on how this is done and explanations on

1. The function of the spring (see photo 2) and

2. The function of the protruding end of the spring (see photo 1) which seems to be stopping the arm from being pushed back over the plastic bar within the housing that is still in place on the car.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20170429_151640054.jpg

IMG_20170429_151701923.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar issue on mine. I managed to remove " the plastic bar within the housing that is still in place on the car."  That goes screwed with a nut to the bolt that comes out from the wiper electric motor. In my case, the plastic bar was broken, ergo did not apply enough pressure to hold to the nut, and also the rust had "welded" the nut to the bolt, so I basically ended up destroying the nut in order to remove it and in consequence I damaged the bold badly. 

I guess the best solution would have been to go to the scrap and buy the whole thing (electric motor, wiper arm...) But I ended up upgrading to an Auris and sold the Yaris without a rear wiper.

I guess it must be a common issue with the Yaris as I've seen plenty out there without the rear wiper. 

Can you remove the spring from the arm then refit it after it is reassembled? The spring is probably there to apply pressure from the blade on to the rear screen.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links