Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

X-Cite with iPhone creates high pitch noise?

Blue_aygo

Hello,

I have a 65 plate Aygo and ever since, whenever I plug in my phone into the USB port, a high pitch noise comes on. It won't happen straight away, it usually takes about 10-15 mins of the car running. I have had parts changed in the car and been constantly told to 'await on further news' as other people have apparently experienced the same problem with iPhone 6 and over.

I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has first hand had this problem and could tell me what they have done?

Thank you

Toyota released a Technical Service bulletin on 22nd March concerning this issue :

Ref: BE-0031T-0317

Subject: X-Touch : Squeal noise during phone charging via USB-socket.

Models: AYGO

Model codes: KGB40; PAB40

DESCRIPTION OF PHENOMENON Some customers may experience and report an audible squeal or whistling noise while charging or having their iPhone connected via the vehicle’s USB-socket.

PRODUCTION CHANGE The hardware of the relevant X-Touch Display Audio-units has been changed to prevent the subjected phenomenon. 

REPAIR PROCEDURE Upon customer complaint, please replace the involved "Receiver Assy, Radio"-unit by a new replacement unit according to latest applicable repair manual.

Thank you for replying.  The dealer told me they would contact me when they had received this bulletin but they never did so I'll be phoning them up! Thank you again for telling me :)

On 2017-5-9 at 11:15 AM, Blue_aygo said:

Thank you for replying.  The dealer told me they would contact me when they had received this bulletin but they never did so I'll be phoning them up! Thank you again for telling me :)

The bulletins are not sent they are published online on a site known as Techdoc3 all your dealer needs to do is logon input your chassis number to see the newly published information. They can also search for the bulletin reference i gave above

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links