Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T25 brake pipes sizes

frankie406

Had the car into Toyota for the airbag recall and they done a safety check too it appears I have pitted brake lines and the handbrake cables are wearing through? 

The brake fluid needs changing too.

Now the thing is my mechanic done them for the Mot around a year or two ago. (Brake pipes) I also had new brake pads done and he flushed out the old fluid and put in new stuff..

Can anyone tell me what size of pipe is needed ie:ID or OD type of pipe and fittings needed?

If the pipes were renewed (assuming they're the same pipes, there are quite a few) then get someone else to check them.  My first reaction is it sounds like Toyota are looking for work.  I also don't see them testing the brake fluid either, they might be going with their version of the car's history and if it's never been done (according to their records) then they might say it needs done imminently.  BTW the brake fluid on recent models is scheduled to be renewed every two years, previous models might be similar.

• Like 2

Cheers Alan. Getting it looked at tomorrow. The brake fluid was only done late August 2016.so should be fine though I will be renewing it if the brake lines are pitted.buying a bottle or two as europarts have a weekend sale on.you wouldn't know the pipe diameter for tea lines?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links