Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Hybrid or 1.2 t

catnash

the hybrid Battery check up is yearly and included in the toyota service price.

forgot to say good choice you wont regret it

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, catnash said:

I've gone for the Hybrid, a white one 6 months old.  Hybrid although more expensive I will love the challenges of hypermileing.  So from what I can gather it will have 6 months AA cover left.  The estate would be too big for my needs at the moment,  the bike rack can be fitted to the hybrid, though not a towball hitch.   

Does the battery health check extended warranty only has to be done once within 5 years? or every year?

I was going to buy a 2nd qashqai tekna for the same price but we have one already and the cost of tyres for the auris will be 1/2 the price of the qashqais 19" ones.

The car might cost more at the start, but you should notice the difference at the pump. Either by not visiting as much or just having a smaller tank.

ah yes the hypermilelng game, I enjoying seeing how long it takes before another mile is taken off the range.

At the moment I have 2 bars left, the display says 13 miles left, but I know that I can stretch that out much further. I am getting the excellent more often on my trip home from work, its just not possible first thing in the morning going to work without creating a long tailback. :laugh:

The school with the kids is 1.2 miles away a slight downward trip so may get there on electric.   otherwise read mythbusters about tyre pressures etc, but I'll take a mixed comfort setting or at least the upper end of allowed tyre pressures.  Im part exing a focus 1.0 ecoboost  zeec s which is a brilliant car (i would have a ST if I didnt care about spped limit and my children)tbh but not as fuel efficient as I would like handling is second to none, the other car (which is my wifes) is a qashqai 1.2 and probaby real world mpg is 36 nice car but theres hit and miss with reliablity.  I was going to get another but the three I went to see all were 2-3 year olds with various problems.  Thats 1 thing Toyota have got is reliability.  We now finally also have a dealer in my local town and an ex toyota mechanic at hand.  out of all cars I have had my 53 plate yaris was my 2nd favourite car.  (after a fiat Panda of all cars).   My wfe had a 59 plate Auris 1.33 and bombproof.

If your Battery is full and you press EV before the engine starts, but then once it reaches 20 wish mph it will beep and switch off EV. Normally the car will warm the engine and after that it will run on the electric at higher speeds without doing anything to override the normal operation.

That is all part of the learning curve, once you forget about just driving on the electric, you will find the engine can be on but not using a lot of fuel, even on the motorway. Just throw away your lead boots and get some comfy slippers and the car will give you great mpg. On some roads you can just use the engine to get you upto speed and then it will change to electric. 

If I haven't put you off or bored you, then you should have fun getting used to your new stealth car :biggrin:

• Like 1

Would anybody here have an idea about what the real MPG for a 1,2 engine Auris would be ?
How much more than a hybrid car would it consume ?

I guess the turbo would add some extra liters of petrol to the bill. On the other hand, i do like driving a manual gearbox and in some circumstances it's nice to be able to shift (highway). The hybrid is marvelous in queues though. Since i have this car i stopped being annoyed when there are queues. It drives so smooth..
I just get annoyed when the Battery is getting empty and the car needs to start in the queue to load up..  A double size Battery would be great, but i think at this time too expensive.

The hybrid Battery will be covered by the remainder of the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty. The hybrid health check (HHC) Battery warranty will be applicable when HHC's are carried out after the new car warranty has expired.

If the car has come from a fleet, check whether any servicing has been done according to Toyota's service schedule - every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. There is a 1 month or 1,000 mile leeway in the servicing regime. In the case of a six month old car, servicing may have been due on the mileage basis. Also check the service book to see whether any servicing was within the Toyota dealer network or outside.

As regards the AA cover, you will need to notify Toyota Roadside Assistance of the change in ownership and to get new Roadside Assistance cards -  https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/roadside-assistance/index.json

8 hours ago, haelewyn said:

Would anybody here have an idea about what the real MPG for a 1,2 engine Auris would be ?
How much more than a hybrid car would it consume ?

I guess the turbo would add some extra liters of petrol to the bill. On the other hand, i do like driving a manual gearbox and in some circumstances it's nice to be able to shift (highway). The hybrid is marvelous in queues though. Since i have this car i stopped being annoyed when there are queues. It drives so smooth..
I just get annoyed when the battery is getting empty and the car needs to start in the queue to load up..  A double size battery would be great, but i think at this time too expensive.

After watching what happened when someone decided to add 2 extra batteries, I definitely would not recommend it lol

Not worth bodging, unless you wish to risk the batteries going bang.

8 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The hybrid battery will be covered by the remainder of the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty. The hybrid health check (HHC) battery warranty will be applicable when HHC's are carried out after the new car warranty has expired.

If the car has come from a fleet, check whether any servicing has been done according to Toyota's service schedule - every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. There is a 1 month or 1,000 mile leeway in the servicing regime. In the case of a six month old car, servicing may have been due on the mileage basis. Also check the service book to see whether any servicing was within the Toyota dealer network or outside.

As regards the AA cover, you will need to notify Toyota Roadside Assistance of the change in ownership and to get new Roadside Assistance cards -  https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/roadside-assistance/index.json

Its got less than 2000 miles and 6 months old, so luckily not over the 10000 of some I have seen,  thanks on the heads up with the aa.

Hi all, I currently have the 1.2 turbo. Fantastic engine it really is, I owned the hybrid previously and I have to say i do miss it. However the 1.2 is a bit more sporty and yes you have that manual gearbox for real driving involvement. Round town I really do miss the hybrid however on motorways doing motorway speeds (and a bit more) The 1.2 seems more comfortable, the hybrid is brilliant at high speed but it always seems like its revving all the time. Now as for MPG the 1.2 is a strange one. If you just drive normally round town and a bit of motorway I get about 40-48mpg. If you do a lot of high speed acceleration and high speed driving and rev it a lot then expect between 29mpg and 38mpg. However if you do sit at around 55-65mph then i have seen my average mpg at 60mpg for a 50 mile trip, however that was in summer down the M1 and I really was trying hard to get good mpg although I did have the A/C on. That did surprise me but like I say that was only once. Overall I can say the hybrid is the better drivetrain, its so easy to drive and relaxing and will 80% of the time give you great MPG. However being 20 years young I love the 1.2 turbo as you can drive it hard and its performance is pretty surprising. But if someone came to me who wanted a car with great economy and reliability I would always recommend a Toyota hybrid as they really are just brilliant engines. I must admit if i do any long distance and city driving i will try and borrow my grandmothers Auris touring sports hybrid as its just so easy to drive. Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks

Chris 

• Like 3

Hi all,

Surprised myself yesterday with the economy, just shows that reducing speed on the motorway gets you far better economy. Think i was siting at around 56-65 mph yesterday and managed to get that economy. Those are 2 trips with the best being 61.9mpg. Ive also attached a photo of how poor the economy can also be when you really get your boot down 20.5mpg is the worst I've seen for a trip. But it really is a great engine but i guess its like any car if you want power and speed then your economy goes out of the window. I will add, I only run premium fuel, at the min I'm just using Tesco momentum 99 the car seems to prefer that to shells V-Power. Plus its cheaper.

Regards

Chris

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

Well hopefully all being as I'd like should pick it up tomorrow, already have car mats, mudflaps ordered,  let the fun begin.

So your going to be joining the ranks of the hybrid owners then.

Yes, tomorrow morning, has 16" tyres so will get 36 psi in there.  

I remember the day I bought mine, 20 months ago. At least your not driving a new to you car with a roof box on, like I was. :laugh:

Such an easy car to drive, thats why some call it boring. 

Let us know how you get on with it.

• Like 1

Well all went well, seamless, spent a while just making sure no paintwork repairs that I could see.  filled at a local tescos as a change as I normally use Shell, strange when you start it as no engine noise,  very comfortable and the reviews from the German friendly (sponsored) magazines are so wrong.  They dont know how to drive these cars.

• Like 3

Well all went well, seamless, spent a while just making sure no paintwork repairs that I could see.  filled at a local tescos as a change as I normally use shell, strange when you start it as no engine noise,  very comfortable and the reviews from the German friendly (sponsored) magazines are so wrong.  They dont know how to drive these cars.

The motoring journalists, are usually biased. There are a few honest reviews from the likes of fully charged and honest John.

Town traffic will be a lot more bearable now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice looking car, I'm sure once you are used to driving a hybrid you won't go back. I got lots of tips from YouTube before buying my old Prius, I now drive a 2014 Auris and love driving the car.

Haven't even paired the phone yet.  Put some scotchguard,  the needle barely moved over 95 miles.  Just phoned Toyota nd transferred the AA membership over.  picked it up with 1900 miles and filled the tank.

its wierd when the engine starts and you haven't heard any engine cranking sounds.

Yeah, takes getting used to, esp. on the Push button start ones; "Wait, is it on?! *peers at displays*"

It's a good thing HSDs are impossible to stall! :laugh:

• Like 1

its wierd when the engine starts and you haven't heard any engine cranking sounds.

Made me jump last time, had been sitting in traffic ,while I was miles away listening to my music. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember to turn it off when you leave the car, I went shopping in Costco once and left it running when I first got mine.:blush:

Yep been there.  Did it with the focus.  Hospital car park. Half a shift done when the attendant comes to say.......

I do prefer the start button on the right.