Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking of buying a celica 190

Ben93

I currently own a 06 corolla diesel and am looking at getting a weekend car thats a bit more fun and am thinking of getting a celica 190 and am wondering what to look out for when buying one any common issues or anything? Most ive seen are around 1500 to 2k? Seems fair as theyre fairlt old now. 

• Like 1

Good choice if you want a relatively easy on the pocket and reliable sports car....,great fun to drive.

I had mine for 2 years and loved it (the 140)...but they are "getting on" now so you need to check for rust (suspension components and subframe etc)

The 190 never suffered any oil usage issues (the 140 could,..though not mine)...view it as you would any car.,...condition is the key with good history...particularly in respect of the frequency of oil changes. I did mine every 5-7k miles max and never had an issue.

..and of course, on any test drive, make sure you get the "lift" ...once it's warmed up.:wink: (though don't discount the 140 unless you really want the "hooligan" factor..lol)

Get a good one and I doubt very much you'll be disappointed.:biggrin:

Neil

• Like 1

Hi, Ben.

Like Neil, I also chose the 140 (we are both old and wise :biggrin:), but apart from the engine and gearbox, they're the same car.

Weak points on the Gen 7 include the following:

Weeping radiators

Brake discs rusting on the inside face

Seized rear calipers

Water ingress into spare wheel well

Broken springs

Rear subframe corrosion

Uneven rear tyre wear

Corrosion on the 16" wheels, and buckled 17" wheels

Proceed with caution, as some of these cars are 18 years now, and will have reached the end of their viable life. The best value for money would be one of the very last T Sport models (2006).

HTH :smile:

I will just have a thorough look over snd drive. I know its a risk buying an old car but ive seen cars older than 06 in bettee condition than some newer ones that are neglected. Plus at 2k its not alot can easily spend a little fixing it up. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links