Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plugin Hybrid estate?

martin68

As far as I know, no car manufacturer makes a plugin hybrid estate car, 

Are any in the pipeline from Toyota? 

I resently bough myself a used Auris Turing Sport Hybrid,  and I'm loving it, but in several years time I'm going to want to upgrade it to a plugin hybrid,  so if any are currently produced as estates, by the time I upgrade, I could possibly find a used one at a fraction of the cost.

I only see the Prius as a plugin hybrid,  but why not the Auris or any other estate car?

Toyota only have two estates on the UK market - Auris and Avensis.

The Auris is a 're-work' of the first generation Auris dating back to 2007, has already gone through its mid-life facelift, and is probably due for replacement 2018/19 - although Brexiit may affect that.

The Avensis is quite long in the tooth (dating back to 2009), and Toyota have said they won't be introducing a hybrid version. It is thought that the Avensis may not be replaced in around 2019, due in part to the market sector for large family cars being in decline. The Prius is currently Toyota's hybrid offering in this market sector.

Toyota also have the Prius+ 7-seater mpv, which dates back to 2012.

Presumably it won't be until the next generations of the Auris and Prius+, that a Toyota hybrid plug-in estate may be introduced.

Last year there was some speculation that, depending on the success of the new Prius Plug-in, Toyota may move all their hybrids over to Plug-in drivetrains.

Of course there is the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV - which is an SUV rather than an estate.