Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2008 Yaris 1.3TR Best Tyre

nascar24

Am looking for good all round tyre to replace a motley collection on there atm for our Yaris. Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons supposed to be one of the best but too expensive for us, can members suggest something a bit cheaper. Car used round town but sometimes on longer runs.

ATB

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alan, I have never paid for the name ie Goodyear or Michelin tyres like that but I have always managed to get great tyres for not much, from my 17's to 16's to 15's as I run my black Yaris around town and long trips now & then and my little blue Yaris race car on long trips and on track in the rain and boiling hot days.

I also looked at what my other racers are using on their Toyota's as well.

Over that last 4 years trying all different types of compounds the tyres and the ones that give me the best all round feel on and off the track and from 30mph to 100mph in the dry and wet are the Toyo CF2's.

I recently needed a couple on my Yaris. Did some research and decided the best compromise between price/wet grip/wear and noise were Uniroyal Rainmasters and Avon ZT5.

Found the Avons locally at a reasonable price. Seem fine so far.

I hat the Cooper CS2's, which are basically the same as the Avon ZT5s previously. Upsides are that they are quite hard-wearing and lasted quite  along time. Downsides are that they had really poor lateral grip as they wore down, and in my naturally understeery Mk1 Yaris it made going round corners in the wet 'exciting'.

My current favourite tyres are the Continental Premium Contact 2Es and the Goodyear EfficientGrip/Dunlop StreetResponse 2. They have worn well so far and have good grip and feel in both dry and wet conditions. I will say the Goodyear/Dunlop tyre is 'better' except it is generates loads of road noise and is easily the noisiest tyre I've ever used, despite having the lowest noise rating of any tyre I have used!

I suspect they got their noise rating by directing all of the noise into the cabin, which is not measured as part of the noise rating! :laugh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links