Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr

Insadi1

Hi 

I've had my new Toyota auris 1.6 diesel business edition with extras fitted at factory for three weeks now

it broke down today injector failure no 4

how common is this ?

does anyone know

?

i wouldnt of thought this failure is a common issue or it would of had modified parts fitted

unfortunately electrical items can fail after a short period of use or they last a long long time.

I wouldn't think it's normal for a Toyota , BMW or any other car to have a major technical problem in the fist weeks of usage.
Altough, some parts, like a lamp or even an injector or power/injection management computer can fail at any time in their life cycle.

Happens with tv's , LED lamps, radio's .. you name it.

Don't worry. As far as we all know now, you have bought a very reliable car that hopefully had just one faulty component. We hope together with you that it stays with this one.
And probably it will. But nobody can predict the future.

• Like 2

There is always some problem or defect on a new car.

My Yaris has a mis-fitted rubber seal that goes around the windshield. As far as I can tell it is not a problem, but it clearly isn't fitted correctly/there is a problem with it. I'm not sure it is worth the potential problems with having the windshield re-fitted to correct it, as that in itself can introduce issues!

Sorry to read of your problem. As annoying as it is, injectors are simple to replace, so a new injector should fix it.

" There is always some problem or defect on a new car. "

Really? Do you have a source for that statement? My Yaris hasn't missed a beat in over three years from new. I doubt I've been lucky either, there must be many who have had a similar experience.

However, my previous Yaris did have some very minor problems, not to the extent of an injector failure though!

• Like 1

Source: first hand experience!! :)  It's annoying, but considering the relative complexity, not surprising.

Even new aircraft are test flown with the gear down for the first flight in case of problems! :)  Only on later flights is the gear retracted once they're happy there are no serious problems in other systems.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok thanks for all the input car was fixed and is running fine I appreciate all comments

i now have two more questions

1.  I'm taking the car abroad my holidays was wondering about beam deflecting headlight kit for Continental driving has anyone a picture of what it looks like when done ?

2. I'm considering a diesel plug in tuning chip increase the bhp and more fuel efficiency has anyone any experience  of one of these tuning chips for new 1.6 diesel auris Or can recommend which one ?

regards

• 2 weeks later...

Ok got lindrop Toyota box today

fitted in ten mins car feels totally different extra torque is great however it's supposed to connect to app on phone speedbuster de

crap doesn't connect plus took car for a run gets to 70 very quick then hey presto mil light comes on reset it with one tool

took it another drive as soon as it gets to 70 mph mil light reappears 

seems to be ok at speeds below 65 but engine light is a pain

ill try it over the weekend if no different I'll send it back

Maybe it's better just to keep car standard as it came out the factory don't fancy having to keep resetting light all the time

speak to parts king on here (john) he works at lindop brothers he will give you some advise

Hi it was him I purchased it from

ill call him tomorrow or Monday 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links