Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starter Motor

T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S.

My 2006  (which i have owned since new) Aygo is on its 4th starter motor.  The RAC patrolman said it seemed that the SM. failed to disengage and bunt itself out. Whatever - i am considering my options. Has anyone experience this?

Have had this issue in an old Nissan Micra and it turned out to be a dodgy/sticky ignition key switch.

• Like 1

Don't suppose the Aygo has the stop start technology that stops the engine at traffic lights does it?

Craig.

Early Aygo can suffer from a fault in the starter system, the ignition switch fails resulting in the starter failing to disengage burning out the starter and starter supply harness the fix is/was:

New modified Ignition key & barrel incl switch - part number 69057-0H012-84 

New starter if damaged - refer to Toyota parts catalogue for correct supersession

New wiring harness if any signs of damage to starter -  - refer to Toyota parts catalogue for correct supersession

Toyota did extend the warranty for this issue but a 2006 car is well beyond that cover.

• Like 3

Good call fordulike, Good find Devon; I never saw this mentioned anywhere at the time - Was there a TSB for it?

It's a shame the TSBs aren't easier to get at to diagnose known faults like this sooner!

Access to Toyota's technical systems can be purchased by the the hour and any information downloaded as .PDF from www.toyota-tech.eu