Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2016 excel towbar?

andytwonames

Hi,

I do not yet own a Rav. I will soon be buying a 2016/7 Excel hybrid model with the premium pack.I will also want to have a towbar fitted at a later date.

I want the premium pack for the blind spot and rear cross traffic alerts. Don't care about the sunroof or kick sensor for boot opening.

When building a new Rav4 on the Toyota web site, if you select a towball, it automatically deselects the premium pack.

I realise that the towbar will interfere with the kick sensor but if I don't care about the kick opening, can I just have the sensor disconnected or disabled or will a towbar on this configuration cause other problems and complications that I'm not aware of?

I need to know which way to jump once I'm in a position to buy.

Cheers

Andy.

I got a response from Toyota Customer services.

They confirmed that the towbar can be fitted and will require thhe kick sensor to be disconnected. They sent me a pdf of the installation document and told me which were the relevant pages.

Are Toyota customer services always this good, responsive and helpful?

6 minutes ago, andytwonames said:

Are Toyota customer services always this good, responsive and helpful?

Not always - though they are comparable with most of the customer services operations of other manufacturers.

Remember when we had a problem with a Mazda and the issue was issued to a customer service manager. The contact point was still the customer services team, and the customer service managers were based in another building!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links