Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Plugin?

Peter S

I'm wondering if it doesn't like your obd dongle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Anthony Poli said:

I'm wondering if it doesn't like your obd dongle.

It works with E OBD2 Facile but obviously doesn't give Hybrid data, just engine data i.e. revs etc. Which dongle do you have?

I have a cheap wifi from eBay, it works on both iPhone and android. I bought the carista one, since the bay one, as the bay one is slow.

Recently I bought a new wifi one that is supposed to be all singing and dancing, but maybe I have fallen foul of a cheap knock off, as I can connect to it, but can't get any data. It just gives me the dots like what you describe.

• Like 1

I have a faulty ODBlink MX, I have managed to get it to connect and shortly after it looses connection. Hybrid assistant doesn't like it at all.

Just had a good look at the OBD dongle and there are several pins not connected, notably 6 and 14 which are the CAN bus connections so no wonder it doesn't work. Ive been on the web site and have now ordered one of these, icarSoft i620 ODB 2 Diagnostic Device Canbus bluetooth which was tested as OK by the people at Hybrid Assistant. I'll let you know if it works OK.

• Like 1

So the iCarsoft dongle came today on viola the software works OK so don't get a TORQUE ELM 327 PRO as it wont work as the CAN Bus is not connected.

Glad to hear it's working. So now you can see how hybrid assistant works

Very pleased with it so now I'm going to get a cheap android phone to use with it all the time.

• Like 1

Very pleased with it so now I'm going to get a cheap android phone to use with it all the time.

I bought a cheap tablet for the same reason, until someone creates a similar iPhone app.