Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

corolla verso air con fault

beckmundo

Hi everyone, apologies if I've placed this in the wrong place.

I have a 2008 corolla verso 1.8vvti sr in which the air con has stopped blowing cold air. When the air con button is pressed the green light is on but no cold air, there is also no sound of relay switching and no change in engine speed. This would lead me to look at the a/c clutch relay.......if I could find it! User manual seems useless and doesn't name relays which are clearly in the system. After trawling the web and looking at diagrams none of them seem to show me what I am looking for.

supposedly the relay part number is 90987-02028 but I can find nothing on my car with this on it. I had seen talk of an a/c amplifier module but again I've no idea if my car has one of these or a simple relay. 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Hi,

Am told there is a part of the Toyota site that you can view the diagrams  etc for your car, but for a small price, don't have a link for it just now but if you look sure you will find it.

On a standard 2002-6 Corolla the air con clutch is controlled from the 10A Dome fuse to the HTR relay then to the M/G CLT relay which actually switches the clutch.

Looking at the diagram, if your cabin blower motor works ok, that  probably means the Dome fuse and HTR relay are ok,  leaving the M/G CLT , wiring , Switch, connectors or the actual clutch at fault.

The diagrams below show those part locations for a standard Corolla, no idea how different your later verso may be ..?

The first diagram / box is in the engine bay, the others under the footwell areas /behind the glove boxes,... for the verso ?

000274.jpg

000275.jpg

000276.jpg

Thanks for replying! Yes all the blower functions are working just no cold air. I've came across these diagrams in my searches, the first one I have under the bonnet but its turned 180 degrees in my car and the thing that's throwing me off is there are only two relays in it which I believe to be Fan no1 relay and Fan no2 relay, no sign of the magnetic clutch relay or horn relay which I believe can be swapped to check the compressor relay.

I popped the low pressure side test point and there is refridgerant in the system but may not be enough to pull the low pressure switch in allowing system to run. I can work on air con so might just evacuate the system and recharge it with correct fill tonight in work thus ruling out low charge.

Until I find all the electrical relays and switches i'm only really just clutching at straws.

OK, after a bit of forum trawling I have come across this website www.toyota-tech.eu which after registering I was able to enter my vin number and get my exact car manuals. Anything of use has to be paid for so I opted for 1hr at 3 euros.

From what I can gather my car has no magnetic clutch relay instead using an amplifier assembly which is located behind the air con controls in the dash, hoping that isn't the issue, will be a bugger to get at! So my first plan of attack will be to put my gauges on the a/c system and check pressures, best case is I just need to recharge the system.

I'll post back on the outcome. Thanks.

Update. put my gauges on last night and virtually nothing in the system so vacc'd the system down, held the vaccum thus no leaks in the system and recharged with the correct amount (440 grams). System now giving nice cool air!

Only had the car 3 weeks so can only assume previous owner never used/serviced the air con, cabin filter was pretty filthy also. Hopefully no more issues.

Well done,   ,,,    though air con testing and refilling not usually something most diyer can do / have the equipment for.

The pollen filter is readily missed by many, same with  changing the gearbox and brake fluids etc

Though working ok, often thought about having my air con  recharged as they say it should be renewed because of the lubricating oil ?

But as you often find  theses days, the old saying ,if it ain't  broke, don't fix it,  or more likely ( from bitter experience)  why pay for someone to mess it up ?

No, air conditioning service and repair aren't for the diyer, I just happen to be qualified for my work on trains so it comes in handy. 

You should definitely use your air conditioning as often as sensibly possible, movement of refrigerant and oil keep seals lubricated and from shrinking. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links