Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying IQ 3 advice

Cicero5

Looking at an 2010 IQ 3 1.3 auto at local car supermarket. Need it for work with lots of short urban journeys. Car is very clean with 22k  fsh and 3 previous owners. Only issue on test drive was non functioning air con which they will fix. Anything I should be especially looking out for with this model before I part with my hard earned? All advice and tips much appreciated.

No more no less than any other car really Adrian. What colour is the iQ, only there was an issue with the pearl white paint on some models...I think by what others have said on here that it's the year 2009 iQs. If you intend lowering your iQ, then 1.33's use different springs to the 1.00 iQs.  Good luck with your purchase, they're great little cars and great fun to drive :-)

Edited to add.......sorry....suddenly remembered that iQ's have been subjected to recalls in the past. Given that yours has full service history chances are every things' ok but it's worth checking; http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID=36587D33137A63C0802577D1003C0083&freeText=Blank&tx=0.7131617

Thanks for that. Yes its white, but, happily, saw no sign of the paint lifting problems reported on other threads here.  No plans to lower it as I quite liked the slightly  elevated driving position and I'm not planning track days with it any time soon🤕 I'll have a look at the recalls you kindly posted. Appreciated👍

As regards checking whether your car is due any recalls, it is easier to use Toyota's own recall checker available via www.toyota.co.uk. If you're not in the UK, your importer will usually have a similar recall checker.

This tells you whether the specific car is due any recalls or voluntary service campaign action.

Small things I would be looking for based on your description. Would be things like. Cracking tyres, a/c function, servicing yearly as it's low mileage they can be skipped even if they advertise FSH,tyre sealant in the pouch isn't expired. Check the headrest for the rear seats aren't missing, the glove box and boot trim clips are there and not broken as will be a bit of a pain of you have the accessories. The holders for rear seatbelts aren't damaged.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ah, I didn't check the tyre repair kit - too busy trying to get the fairly tired looking velcro to hold the glove box thing in place I guess. Anyone had experience of trying to get home after a puncture? Never had a car without a spare, although my last puncture was about 11 years ago.

7 hours ago, Cicero5 said:

Anyone had experience of trying to get home after a puncture? Never had a car without a spare, although my last puncture was about 11 years ago.

If it's a severe puncture you're stranded.  My punctures over about the last 15 years have been slow ones tho, therefore you can get home and deal with it somehow.

Had a blow out on the m6 with mine, back on the road in 2 hours , there is now more  tyre availability about on the iq3 tyres, Nexen do a good tyre for it for about 50 quid. Dont expect stratospheric mpg with a 1.33 auto on urban travel , my manual does around 45 to 47 around town but will top 52 to 53 going to work (46 mls all m6 and a14)

There are different view points covering spare tires on this forum.All worth a read to help you decide.

I did this and chose to buy a spare stored behind passenger seat.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links