• Shell Regular
    • BP regular
    • Texaco regular
    • Esso Regular
    • JET Regular
    • Supermarket

Interested to see what feedback this gets

I use Shell optimax/nitro+ as it returns a quieter engine and no smoke

However they changed the formula and im getting more smoke on hard acceleration - on supermarket, regular the car is dead under 2500rpm and dangerous so stick to bp ultimat or v-power.

It's funny you should say that - I just put a load of V-Power diesel in my Yaris as its 4th-fill treat for being awesome, and rather than the smooth quiet purr I'm used to getting from the engine under V-Power it sounds the same if not worse than the Sainsburys diesel I normally put in!

On top of that, I'm used to losing some low-end torque when using V-Power, but it seems I've lost even more than expected; Was extremely juddery in the morning and nearly stalled it when pulling out of junction which has not happened in a long time!

I remember noticing a small power drop when they went from V-Power to V-Power Nitro so it seems they've been futzing with the formula again, and again made it worse!

I'm glad I found your thread when searching as I was wondering if it was just me...! I'd forgotten they'd announced they were changing the formula again until I read this thread so it's very likely that is the culprit.

I remember having a similar issue when they went from V-Power to Nitro+, and suspected the problem was down to them putting in more additives and cleaning agents, so there was less % of fuel.

I'm going to have to remember to not do full-tank fills of V-Power any more if this is how it's going to run... last time my engine felt this weak was when I used Esso diesel!

The pre-Nitro+ V-Power diesel was so much better... why do they have to keep making it worse???