Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Second hand steering column

Wayne87

Anyone know the best place to buy a second hand steering column?

Found one on eBay with the same part number from a 2009 diesel. Mine is a 2010 petrol. Would this definitely fit mine?

Which is the part number on this that I need to look for?

IMG_1262.PNG

The part number you are looking for is 45200-02262 so long as the replacement carries the same part number it is compatible, bit of an unusual part to need though what is the fault?

There's an horrendous knocking/rattle coming from the column. Rattles like crazy over bumps in the road going at slow speeds, and also rattles (the same noise) when you quickly shake the steering wheel side to side.

Weve taken the intermediate steering shaft off and it still does it, so the ruled that out and anything under the car.

We then removed the steering wheel and airbag at the top end of the column and it still made the noise. It seems like it's coming from inside the column or the column shaft which runs through the electric unit. I have a feel it's where the top shaft on the steering wheel connects to the bottom shaft on the electric unit.

This is the one I've found online for a decent price. 

Only difference I can see is the colour of the wire covers and mine says Ind C what ever that means?? And the second part of the long number at the bottom.

IMG_1263.PNG

this is the exact same as mine!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links