Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust problem

ThorHjalmar

I own a Toyota Avensis 2005 station.  I have noticed the lack of power from the engine, the car feels lazy.  I suspect that my exhaust is the problem, that I need to replace the catalytic part pf the exhaust.  Since I live in Iceland and am not willing to Shell out £950 - 1500 for a new catalytic converter.  I am therefore trying to look online for a new catalytic converter but am not sure what information I need to have at hand to be able to find the correct replacement part.  I have never bought replacement parts online for my car so this would be the first time.   Found this part on eBay but am not sure if it is the right part. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/252835599711?clk_rvr_id=1215190976002&vectorid=229508&lgeo=1&item=252835599711&rmvSB=true As far as I know there are some other parts of the exhaust that I need to buy also.  Any advice/information would be appreceated

10 hours ago, ThorHjalmar said:

I own a Toyota Avensis 2005 station.  I have noticed the lack of power from the engine, the car feels lazy.  I suspect that my exhaust is the problem, that I need to replace the catalytic part pf the exhaust.  Since I live in Iceland and am not willing to shell out £950 - 1500 for a new catalytic converter.  I am therefore trying to look online for a new catalytic converter but am not sure what information I need to have at hand to be able to find the correct replacement part.  I have never bought replacement parts online for my car so this would be the first time.   Found this part on ebay but am not sure if it is the right part. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/252835599711?clk_rvr_id=1215190976002&vectorid=229508&lgeo=1&item=252835599711&rmvSB=true As far as I know there are some other parts of the exhaust that I need to buy also.  Any advice/information would be appreceated

Before you spend on a new exhaust, has the EML come on, and have you done an emissions check? The emissions will confirm that the catalytic converter has not collapsed, causing blockage. Also the MAF sensor may need cleaning, plus the breather system and the fuel system. I did a check and Iceland has a low speed limit of 90kph, so ;ess chance of really blowing out the 'carbon', Italian tuning style. I would also locate and pull the EFI fuse, to see if that helps. 

Only when you have gone through everything, you then buy the exhaust system. Even then you need to remove the old exhaust and the O2 sensors!  

One thing i forgot to mention, I have engine light, VSC and TRC OFF light on in my dashboard.  I will look into the MAF sensor and EFI fuse.  I have also had part of the exhaust replaced, from middle of the car and back. Regarding the MAF sensor, do I need to buy some special cleaning liquid to clean the sensor ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links