Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Suggestions for new wheels

Mattfran

Having bought my Prius + in January it had the winter wheels and tires on which are quite nice and I hadn't looked at the summer wheels properly until I came to put them on a couple of weeks ago and I have to say I think they totally ruin the look of the car. Has any of you guys bought new wheels, something around 18-19" or have seen anything that looked good?

IMG_3800.JPG

IMG_4141.PNG

Just been reading about some new all season tyres by Michelin, & they seem to be a brilliant idea for use whatever the season. They're not cheap but as I'm not over keen on the Toyo tyres that have been fitted to my Prius Excel, when the time comes I reckon I'll be changing to these new Michelin tyres, which by the way might suit you better if your concerned about the appearance of your car. 

I think I'll stick to full winter for the winter here. I need new tires on the summer wheels (Toyo on there now) but want a new set of wheels when I buy the new tires. A larger version of the wheels I use for winter is an option

The priuschat website is full of pics of various over sized wheel options..

Brits are much too conservative to think in this direction.... and  possibly 13" would have more show of interest

2 hours ago, barrycoll said:

... Brits are much too conservative to think in this direction.... and  possibly 13" would have more show of interest

Indeed, the Gen 1 Prius only came with 14" alloys, AFAIK in all countries where it was sold.

That had many advantages, apart from for those who wanted a sporty car - but then, why would they buy a Prius if sportiness mattered so much?

The tyres lasted just as long as the bigger ones on later versions, cost just £40 per corner, held the road more than adequately for a car meant to be eco-friendly and had a more conformable ride than later models (especially those with 17" rims).  It also had an amazing turning circle, and perhaps was why they could fit a full size allow spare wheel in the boot.

The UK Prius+ has nice 17" wheels IMO.

Priusplus.jpg

priusplus17wheel.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, I must agree that the pictured + wheels are quite pretty....would have made a nice Gen 4 option.

The Germans seem to standardise on 16" rims, which seem to work well for Golf/Passat.....and an extra cost option for  a "more youthful"17/18"s

Mr T is again missing yet another £rick not offering any easy extra cost sporty numbers....sticking to 'pipe & slippers' 15s or plastic coated 17s for the Gen 4.

Sorry Pete et al, as I know that you express pure common sense, which never has been my strong point

• Like 1

2 hours ago, barrycoll said:

Sorry Pete et al, as I know that you express pure common sense, which never has been my strong point

$@#%& !

The only thing I'd have spent money on was when I read that some markets get a full size, matching allow 15" spare wheel with appropriate trim under the boot floor (just like the 2000 model Gen 1 Prius!).  Now I'd have paid a lot for that!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links