Do Not Sell My Personal Information

toyota urban cruiser, key lost, doesn't start

abdulnasire

Hello,

I bought a toyota urban cruiser, D4D.
We lost all the keys, we went to Toyota and they released us a quote of 2,200teurs, it's very expensive.
We managed to have a new key that was redone, it is recognized, the centralization works and all the lights come on but the car does not want to start.  We tested the starter, the injectors and check the function of the spark plugs are working fine. 
At the mechanical level we don't find any issue.
Do you have any suggestions?

thanks

regards 

Hello Nasire - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Did Toyota supply your replacement key or did you obtain it from another source?

You said the spark plugs worked fine ? on a diesel ? That must be a mistake...

Is this key one that holds a chip to unlock the safety systems or just a mechanical copy ? I guess the chip is recognised is what you are saying ?
How was the transponder chip key programmed into the car ? I would want to ask if a dealer did this job but i guess not cause he would make sure it starts.

This text gives you an idea maybe.

http://bitsofmymind.com/2016/02/11/how-to-program-a-new-toyota-transponder-key/

If you have no keys or stuff at all and you don't want to see a dealer, i think this job is not 'easy' or even impossible to do.

hi guys, thanks for your feedback.

The keys was done by a small shop who does new key for the cars.

he has been connected to the ECU, and did a new key with the informations from this, it's a smart key.

do you think if the personn do a master key, I mean he remove all the informations from the ECU and put new code , it should works?

regards  

From what i see as general information , you need a working key to program a new key transponder code into the car computer

OR

you need to replace the theft control computer system and buy two new keys.

It's an anti theft system... I think there is no real workaround. I have read about unorthodox ways to do it but I am not recommending, proposing, or suggesting those :)

hi,

I think I don't need to change the control computer system is working because we can connected to this. may be with a master key, it will works. do you have any aother suggestion?

regards 

A master key is a working key the car will start on and is delivered to you along with the car. So if you can manage to get the old key with chip.. even partly broken, just one of them.. you are out of trouble.
A master key can not be obtained from a local key copying small business.

No idea if for your model the dealer can have a key made, if there are any codes to be found on the bill or identification of your car. I guess that would be a good question to ask the dealer.

Other ideas ... mhhh... yes, but that would be a guide to 'how to steal a car'..  in which i never took lessons or had any experience. You need a good mechanic to help you out as for now you didn't get anywhere and i understand the people working on the car now are not even on 'basic level'.

It's all I want to say about the matter.

hi,

thanks for your reply.

I will let you know. we will try to get a new master key for the car.

I hope it will work. 

regards