Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Navigation not working after installing a after market player

LoSLucifer

Hi.
First off: Sorry for my bad eng.

I have a T25 2005 2.4L Avensis with built in navigation. Pop up screen on dash. ( pictures below ) 

Problem is now that i have replaced the old casette/cd player with a 2din aftermarket Kenwood dvd/mp3/cd player. All works fine but the navigation. The screen pops up and start booting but no info on the trip site or maps are showing. What do i need to do to get this working?  I dont have navi on the new 2 din :(

I know there is some wires i need to connect but how and connect to what? I have been told that it wont work with the CTSTY001.2. This only lets me controll volume and next track fron stearingwheel. 

Hoping someone have some tips. 

( if more info is needed plz reply and all will check it out. Sorry if i did not see another post about this issue. I have tryed to find a post but no luck )

845845495_4_644x461_just-like-tokunbo-super-clean-toyota-avensis-2005-with-dvd-navigation-vehicles.jpg

TOYOTAAvensis-636_5.jpg

Can you post some photos of your actual install? I can assume you have connected a sat-nav antenna, if needed and read the manual. Quote the model you have and somebody may know. 

I just viisted the Kenwood UK site - http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/info/support/map/ and the is advice about making sure the mapping is up to date. You will have to go to the Kenwood site of your country. Before that, make sure the units software is up to date before getting the latest mapping. You need a SD card or USB memory stick.

Not shure if i did explain myself good enough in my first post. 

I want my old navigation to work again( on the top ). I do not have GPS or NAVI on my 2 DIN aftermarket player ( lower screen ). 

Thats why i need to figure out how to get the old one working with this set up :)

I have orderd a CTSTY001.2 Steering Stalk Control Adaptor For TOYOTA Avensis to get the controls on the stearing wheel to work again. But there is stil 2 more connections left for the navi i think that is not connected to any thing.

The Trip Information site is not showing any data at all. 

The bluethoot handsfree adapter with Toyota logo is not working either

Sorry... kind of hard to explaine. 

20170519_180917[1].jpg

20170519_180929.jpg

20170519_180937.jpg

20170519_180944.jpg

20170519_181011.jpg

20170519_181027.jpg

20170519_181040.jpg

20170519_181049.jpg

20170519_181208.jpg

20170519_181200.jpg

Now I understand what is going on. You don't have any sat-nav in your car! When you replaced the original audio unit which had the sat-nav within, you lost that function. The Kenwood DDX4012BT does not have sat-nav! 

I downloaded the manual - http://manual.kenwood.com/en_contents/attachDownload/1000009612

Your Kenwood is an older unit and does not support sat-nav. That model is at least 6 years old!

Thanks for posting the photos, as it told me everything i needed to know.

Konrad  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Konrad C said:

Now I understand what is going on. You don't have any sat-nav in your car! When you replaced the original audio unit which had the sat-nav within, you lost that function. The Kenwood DDX4012BT does not have sat-nav! 

I downloaded the manual - http://manual.kenwood.com/en_contents/attachDownload/1000009612

Your Kenwood is an older unit and does not support sat-nav. That model is at least 6 years old!

Thanks for posting the photos, as it told me everything i needed to know.

Konrad  

Yes i know that the 2DIN is old and dont have sat/NAVI.
But the old one did not either...  Look at the picture. Player with red ring. Tapeplayer and cd. The Navi unit is UNDER my seat. Last picture in my last post. 

It is just the connection that is not connected i think. im wondering about hvat kind of adaper i can use to get it to work. If any.  ( the same way as the 2connect adapter for stearingwheel control. )

TOYOTAAvensis-636_5.jpg

13 minutes ago, LoSLucifer said:

Yes i know that the 2DIN is old and dont have sat/NAVI.
But the old one did not either...  Look at the picture. Player with red ring. Tapeplayer and cd. The Navi unit is UNDER my seat. Last picture in my last post. 

It is just the connection that is not connected i think. im wondering about hvat kind of adaper i can use to get it to work. If any.  ( the same way as the 2connect adapter for stearingwheel control. )

TOYOTAAvensis-636_5.jpg

Someone will correct me, but the main brain interface of the navigation was built into the old unit. The under seat navigation navigation has no link to the screen without the old audio unit - no voice direction commands to the speaker, not link to the display showing maps.  

• Like 1

Ok then the only solution is to bring back the old player :(  thx for replying :)

Yes, unfortunately the old unit acts a go between the Navigation unit and the screen. 

If you want MP3 format music, you can get suitable Y cable and SD/USB adapter. The Y cable is needed if the CD changer port is in use. You need to know your audio model number and what sockets are at the back of the unit. 

If you had bought a much more recent audio unit, with built in Navigation and bluetooth, plus USB and MP3 capabilties, like the latest Kenwoods.   

• 6 years later...

Hello

I´m refloating this old post to add a question.

I have the same exact car 2005 Avensis 2.4 SW (bought second hand) and same problem. The previous owner changed the stereo and I have lost the original functionality. But have some doubts:

1 - If I fix the newer (2006 on) stereo unit, which also can run MP3 files, Will I recover the navigation functions in my 2005 car? I mean this one, which has a NAVI button

307154d3-18f6-47e2-b704-74e939802cd9.jpg

2 - When fixing again an original unit, the on board computer functions are also recovered? I mean average consumption, trip info.... in my car this info is also lost, and I see in the pics that in LosLucifer´s is also gone.

3 - In my car, since fist day, the open/close and flip buttons which make the screen go up and down aren´t very useful as when I touch them they just star opening and closing the screen without control, until they finally get stable (randomly open or close). Will this problem disappear when returning to the original stereo unit, or you think this is a different problem with a different cause?

Thanks a lot

I don't know the answer to your questions, but you might have to take a risk. The issue is that everything is dated, and bespoke built-in systems are hard to work with. Unless you get a working unit very cheap or free, you need to decide if it is worth it. 

I have a later Mk3 T27 with a standard CD/radio that happens to have bluetooth for phone calls only (doesn't support music streaming). I could replace it with any third party unit and only loose the auto volume, but gain full bluetooth, USB, memory card and navigation. What I did was plug in an adapter into CD changer port and gain all the functions mentioned above via my phone. This adapter was made for T25 Avensis and other Toyota's with CD changer port at the rear. Be aware, some adapters will not work with NAV versions as the companies will state! 

The real problem these days, are cars now have all these functions, so there is less market for adding features, especially if the car is not popular like VW/Audi group, BMW etc.

Someone might help if they see your post. You might be better off making a new post! 

7 hours ago, Konrad C said:

I don't know the answer to your questions, but you might have to take a risk. The issue is that everything is dated, and bespoke built-in systems are hard to work with. Unless you get a working unit very cheap or free, you need to decide if it is worth it. 

I have a later Mk3 T27 with a standard CD/radio that happens to have Bluetooth for phone calls only (doesn't support music streaming). I could replace it with any third party unit and only loose the auto volume, but gain full Bluetooth, USB, memory card and navigation. What I did was plug in an adapter into CD changer port and gain all the functions mentioned above via my phone. This adapter was made for T25 Avensis and other Toyota's with CD changer port at the rear. Be aware, some adapters will not work with NAV versions as the companies will state! 

The real problem these days, are cars now have all these functions, so there is less market for adding features, especially if the car is not popular like VW/Audi group, BMW etc.

Someone might help if they see your post. You might be better off making a new post! 

Thanks very much for your answer Konrad

I purchased a very cheap unit like the one I have posted, and also a yatour full unit with bluetooth incorporated. My wish is to fit all this in, to recover the original functionality (even I know the nav system is absolutely obsolete), as I really hate to have lots of buttons in the dashboard without utility (in my case the flip screen, the steering wheel controls and the remote controller between the seats are now absolutely unuseful).

But then I realised that the original stereo I had is not exactly the same model that should be in my car, so I have the doubt if it will work with the GPS, as I read here from  you that the "lost functions" are managed by the original stereo unit.

Thanks very much for your answer.