Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water in the footwell

CRUNCHER

Having just washed my Rav 4 ( 2010 multidrive s model ) i have noticed that the carpet is wet , just under the accelerator peddle ! ! Had a good search around & can not find any signs of where the water has come from. Had a new windsceen fitted a couple of months ago , puzzled !!!! Any ideas ?

Try shaking talc around the area and wash again should be able to see water runs in talc.

I had this with a BMW x5  someone hadn't put the seal back on under the door card ,my roof rail channel at the end above the windscreen wasn't very good so used a clear sealer 

• 1 month later...

Found the leak ! ! The seal on the replacement windscreen is faulty . Whilst sitting in the car in a torrential downpour , water was running down the pillar & on to the floor ? Auto glass are coming out on a warranty cover to sort it i hope.? Part of the roof lining is soaked, also are the any electrics in the pillar ? ( I know the side airbag is stored in there ) can anyone give me any pointers, advice ,to any damage that may have been done due to faulty workmanship . !Removed! Grumpy look after my car with TLC........  

If the replacement windscreen was done via your car insurance, I would have thought it would be down to the insurer and Autoglass to rectify any damage.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links