Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

IQ Automatic

Rosiebow

Can anyone help I have a 2013 IQ automatic that has an intermittent starting problem I have changed the Battery in the key fob.  When I get in the car and depress the brake everything lights up but the engine does not start.  If I keep trying/get out of the car and lock start again it works any ideas Thank you

Normally if you press the button with no brake applied the car accessories circuit comes on. Press the button again, all the dashboard lights come on then, press it again and the car is turned off.

Pressing the brake (Clutch in my car) says to the car you are ready to start and it will. 

I wonder if your brake light switch mounted at the top of the pedal under the dashboard is faulty. If the car doesn't see this switch being made it will assume you don't have the brake pedal pressed. Maybe get someone to stand behind the car and press the brakes lots of times to make sure the brake lights are working as well.

Craig.

• Like 1

I assume the car is always in park when you try to start? 

There will be another switch on the gearbox that senses the car is in park, could be that switch playing up as well.

Craig.

Definitely in park - what you are saying sounds good I will get the switch checked  out

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links