Save Up To 15% Off For Members
    • 1000's Of Toyota Cars For Sale
      1000's Of Toyota Cars For Sale
    • Huge Range of Toyota Parts
      Huge Range of Toyota Parts
    • Get Your Club Gear!
      Get Your Club Gear!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

kierownik

Servicing at Toyota dealership - oil type

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. My wife's yaris will be having a full+ service done at toyota soon. But my concern is the type of oil they put into the engine. At last service they used 5w30, which is acceptable but those cars leave production lines with 0w20 oil in it and that is the type of oil that should be used. Even instrucions manual says that 0w20 is the correct oil. It does state that 5w30 is acceptable but at the next oil change 0w20 should be used instead. I don't want them to put 5w30 in it again, so should I tell them which type of oil I want them to use when I take the car in?

I'll be gratefull for any advices.

Under Block Exemption regulations, Toyota cannot force dealers to use a particular oil - which is why the owner's manual, etc states that an oil will be Toyota's 'preferred oil' (eg 0W-20).

If you want 0W-20 to be used, ensure you state this when 1) arranging the service appointment, 2) you actually hand the keys on the day of the service, and finally, check when you collect the car, that 0W-20 has been used.

1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Under Block Exemption regulations, Toyota cannot force dealers to use a particular oil - which is why the owner's manual, etc states that an oil will be Toyota's 'preferred oil' (eg 0W-20).

If you want 0W-20 to be used, ensure you state this when 1) arranging the service appointment, 2) you actually hand the keys on the day of the service, and finally, check when you collect the car, that 0W-20 has been used.

Thanks. 

Service has already been arranged but I will send an email to service manager to make sure they'll use the type of oil I want. 

1 person likes this