Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing at Toyota dealership - oil type

kierownik

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. My wife's yaris will be having a full+ service done at toyota soon. But my concern is the type of oil they put into the engine. At last service they used 5w30, which is acceptable but those cars leave production lines with 0w20 oil in it and that is the type of oil that should be used. Even instrucions manual says that 0w20 is the correct oil. It does state that 5w30 is acceptable but at the next oil change 0w20 should be used instead. I don't want them to put 5w30 in it again, so should I tell them which type of oil I want them to use when I take the car in?

I'll be gratefull for any advices.

Under Block Exemption regulations, Toyota cannot force dealers to use a particular oil - which is why the owner's manual, etc states that an oil will be Toyota's 'preferred oil' (eg 0W-20).

If you want 0W-20 to be used, ensure you state this when 1) arranging the service appointment, 2) you actually hand the keys on the day of the service, and finally, check when you collect the car, that 0W-20 has been used.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Under Block Exemption regulations, Toyota cannot force dealers to use a particular oil - which is why the owner's manual, etc states that an oil will be Toyota's 'preferred oil' (eg 0W-20).

If you want 0W-20 to be used, ensure you state this when 1) arranging the service appointment, 2) you actually hand the keys on the day of the service, and finally, check when you collect the car, that 0W-20 has been used.

Thanks. 

Service has already been arranged but I will send an email to service manager to make sure they'll use the type of oil I want. 

• Like 1