Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Yaris HSD Owner

vivalacoulter

Hello there all, I've just come back from FRF Toyota Swansea where I've just ordered a new Yaris Excel Hybrid in Nebula Blue.

Glad I've found what seems to be a good forum, as I've been quite active on the Audi forums with my cars over recent years.

As for extras, I've gone for the parking pack, panoramic roof and the navigation pack.

A friend of mine was our salesman so gave me a pretty good deal on trading in my old car and chucked in the Hybrid design key fob.

I'm coming from a 4.2 V8 petrol Audi S5, a big change! I've just had enough of the astronomical running costs so It's time to chill out a bit and get something more sensible.

Looking forward to my delivery around the 24th of July when it will be sent straight off to my detailer for a few days to have its ceramic coating and protection applied. (This time will be hard haha)

Hopefully chat to you all soon!

Mike

Hello Mike - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Thanks, I can't wait now.

Out of curiosity does anyone know if the car will come with floor mats? I totally forgot to ask if I'd have to buy them as extras...

Floor mats are an option - either carpet or rubber, depending what you want.

42 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Floor mats are an option - either carpet or rubber, depending what you want.

Darn that's what I thought. I'll call them tomorrow and add it on. Thanks!

What made you decide on the hybrid yaris?

It's smaller than the car it's replacing, but it feels bigger on the inside, like a police box :laugh:

• Like 1

I'm not too sure really, just really liked the design and wasn't too keen on the Prius. Really wanted some cheaper running costs too hence the HSD.

Like you mentioned, I was really impressed on the interior space, much larger than my S5 which is a right pain getting passengers in the back seats.

On another note, just found that the car mats are already included which is nice.

• Like 1

I haven't yet tried the Prius, between our Yaris and Auris, I prefer the Auris.

Mainly I am not keen on the automatic still mode selector, I prefer the joystick.

I'm impressed with the mpg, considering I don't drive Eco friendly all the time. I have been close to getting 500 miles from a tankful in summer and 350-400 miles the rest of the time. Not bad for 30 litres of petrol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

I haven't yet tried the Prius, between our Yaris and Auris, I prefer the Auris.

Mainly I am not keen on the automatic still mode selector, I prefer the joystick.

I'm impressed with the mpg, considering I don't drive Eco friendly all the time. I have been close to getting 500 miles from a tankful in summer and 350-400 miles the rest of the time. Not bad for 30 litres of petrol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that while using the normal or eco mode?

I'm always in ECO mode. Normal doesn't really make much difference to me. In Eco, if you push hard enough on the go peddle, it will accelerate enough for me and the Air con is reduced to save fuel. :smile:

• Like 1