Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hardwire dash cam in rear

Bonodog

Hi All,

Has anyone had any success (or Failure) hardwiring a dashcamera in the rear of a vehicle, I have hard wired one in the front via the fuse box and want one in the back now.

I have found a good earth and was thinking of using a scotchlok connector on one of the lives for the rear lights,

has anyone tried this?

Many thanks 

First of all never use scotchloks IMHO they are a total bodge,if you wire your dash cam to the rear lights they will only work/charge when the lights are on,on the yaris it's not that difficult to run wires front to rear under the carpet along the inner sill.

You need to connect to the boot light..

But for others who wants to install a front and rear camera, why not get a Blackvue 2CH ?  Less hassle in my opinion as I have one of these installed.

" But for others who wants to install a front and rear camera, why not get a Blackvue 2CH ?  Less hassle in my opinion as I have one of these installed. "

I agree, not cheap but certainly the best option. Only one power supply required because the front camera powers the rear camera. I have one and it was very easy to install in my Yaris. It has worked perfectly for the last three years.

Scotchloks or similar - no, don't do it. As Neil says, they are a "bodge." solution.

Hi all, 

thanks for the responses. I agree the dual cameras are the best solution, they look much better only require one power supply. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links