Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recall completed now air con not working

Dragonrider

Hi,  I own a Yaris 2011 model, 9k miles, just had the recall of replacement part in drivers airbag completed, car went in with the air conditioning working on both the passengers and drivers side, when collected the air con on the passengers side now just blows out warm air, is this just a coincidence  ( as told to me by the Toyota garage ) has anyone else had this happen to them, advised going to cost minimum £210 to repair, thanks

ps also had 4 tyres replaced at the same time

Uhh - take it back and complain they broke it, so they can fix it at no charge! They sound dodgy.

If they refuse, get it in writing, then write back that you will get it fixed elsewhere and you'll sue them for the cost and inconvenience.

Is it dual zone? It should blow cold. They've done something (I don't know how the system is split so can't comment further).

Good luck!

There is no correlation between the Drivers airbag inflator and the Air con system, so other then perhaps altering the temperature if its a dual zone setup the dealer could not have broken the AC.

What has the dealer quoted £210 for ?

Umm... I completely mis-read Dragonrider's post. Sorry!

4 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

There is no correlation between the Drivers airbag inflator and the Air con system, so other then perhaps altering the temperature if its a dual zone setup the dealer could not have broken the AC.

The correlation is the dashboard and ventilation controls. I'd suggest they didn't re-fit some control, or broke something.

I didn't have my last car (a Nissan) re-called for the airbag problem. This could prevent me from having my Yaris done also.

Nothing in the dash is disturbed, 3 tabs behind the horn pad are relessed the pad removed and swapped for a new one contaning a modified inflator thats it nothing else is touched hence no correlation.

32 minutes ago, bathtub tom said:

The correlation is the dashboard and ventilation controls. I'd suggest they didn't re-fit some control, or broke something.

I didn't have my last car (a Nissan) re-called for the airbag problem. This could prevent me from having my Yaris done also.

Surely the driver's airbag is steering wheel mounted, rather than dashboard mounted - or is your car different.

Thank you for all your replies, seems just a coincidence, the £210 quote is for 2 hours labour only, any parts on top.

15 minutes ago, Dragonrider said:

Thank you for all your replies, seems just a coincidence, the £210 quote is for 2 hours labour only, any parts on top.

£105 per hour, fook that, it's daylight robbery :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links