Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How far will it go?

ManifestYourIQ

After just becoming a proud owner of an IQ, I've set myself the task to eke out as many miles as possible. 

After filling the fuel tank, I've completed 123.9 miles on  the first segment. Will try for the record :) I'm actually averaging 57.2 mpg at the moment. Is this good?

Adjusting my driving style to ECO-mode (which takes some effort) I will be happy to just get anywhere near the 500 and have some fun trying to achieve it.

Let me know of your experiences and If you have tried this recently.

Hi Richard......which iQ do you have? I have a 1.33 and like you, my gauge doesn't move for ages on the first segment, unfortunately although your petrol gauge shows 123.9 on the first segment, it won't on each segment thereafter! My own style of driving gives me near on 60mpg,  which I'm more than pleased with, especially here in Cornwall where a lot of driving involves hills and stop and start motoring (especially in the summer ;-) ).

Whereabouts in Cornwall are you....I've spotted very few iQs around the St Austell/Newquay area....about 2 others in fact (white ones).

All the Best, Gerry

• Like 1

The fuel gauge, in common in with other models (eg Auris), operates in a non-linear way - see the following as an example -

• Like 1

Hi

Happy iq'ing, you're not the first to have a crack at the title, there is a very long thread on here somewhere , and some really high ranges have been acheived. Range on an iq is  i find very weather and time of year dependant, personally i reckon on 270 to 290 in the winter and 310 plus in summer, equates to around 50 /51mpg winter 55/58 summe. Mind you most of the time my 1.33 is sitting at around 65 to 75 on dual carriageways and mways.

Good luck and pack a spare can

tony

• Like 2

Hi Gerry, thanks for your comment. 

Im near to Truro and you're right, I've only seen one other white IQ here.  Incidentally mine is the 998cc variant in silver.

Thanks for the figures and the advice also Tony :)

Great to know there is a thriving IQ Club here. 

I will look out for you Gerry and give you a wave :) 

• Like 2

Mine's a Black 1.33 Richard. You'll know mine when you see it !! I'm often in Truro (one of my Sons lives there). I'll look out for you :smile:

• Like 1

On 5/20/2017 at 11:51 AM, ManifestYourIQ said:

After just becoming a proud owner of an IQ, I've set myself the task to eke out as many miles as possible. 

After filling the fuel tank, I've completed 123.9 miles on  the first segment. Will try for the record :) I'm actually averaging 57.2 mpg at the moment. Is this good?

Adjusting my driving style to ECO-mode (which takes some effort) I will be happy to just get anywhere near the 500 and have some fun trying to achieve it.

Let me know of your experiences and If you have tried this recently.

Nice challenge to set yourself. I was surprised the other day when the first 'notch' disappeared from the display and I checked the mileage and saw 146 miles! I was very surprised as the most I can remember it being before is 134miles. Mind you, this was after and during being stuck in traffic on the A5 (dual carriageway) after a tractor and car collided.

Hi Bob, 

Thanks for your message and your experiences. 146 is fantastic! I need to improve over the next segment if I'm to achieve it :) 

I will update this once I get to that next milestone to see if I'm on track.

I'm driving my normal everyday routes but as economically as I can.  This will probably take a couple of weeks before I get to the end of the tank and the final result. 

I get about 51mpg on a very hilly 4 mile commute from cold. On a 70mph motorway run it does about 55.  Average 50-60 on a roads and it will return 65mpg. 

That's very impressive in my book and better than a diesel, as the diesel's DPF would not stand up to this kind of use. Not to mention the fact it still looks very modern compared to other 11 plates!

Mines a manual iq2.

• Like 1

Hello Oatmung.

Thank you for the information on  your experiences of MPG.

It's such a fantastic little car, isn't it? 

Ive never understood any criticism the IQ has received.  It certainly has excelled my expectations in all areas.  Looking forward to the challenge but really having fun and enjoying my ownership.

• Like 1

Hello Richard and welcome!

Glad you've got yourself the best kept secret in motoring. They truly are fantastic little movers.

I'm taking myself to a small breakette to Cornwall at the end of June, so I'll look out for other IQ's as always with a wave.

Happy motoring and good luck with that mileage, I'm in the 40's so I can't challenge anyone !!

Hey, it could be 20 mpg and I'd still drive mine about with my Cheshire Cat grin on.

I adore this car. Never getting rid of it !!

All the best

Matt

IMG_4112.JPG

Hi there Matt,

Thanks for your message. Your IQ is a little gem. I completely agree, the best car I've owned and I've had many. I will be keeping mine. Yes, do give us a wave when you travel to the West Country. 

The latest on my fuel challenge folks is,  today I clocked 182.1, then I lost the second light.  I am now averaging 60 MPG, so since my last segment I'm driving a little better. A long way to go yet though. Wish me luck :) 

59275f2970e5d_GF59FromLlangollen.thumb.jpg.be472385cb7649083baa583d0653a361.jpg59275f2a58693_DS09FromLlangollen.thumb.jpg.f20e057abd0924e14a448b41c4e3aa6e.jpg

Matt, that looks very nice in black, with those black wheels. Do tell, what make are they? Details please if you will, PM or whatever. Been wanting to change mine for a while now, keep stalling on the project as I don't know 'owt about wheels, except they are round. :rolleyes: All the silver paint and lacquer is peeling off ours and there is an amount of kerbing damage... ahem. Not me of course, my wife drives the car too...

Our iQ 1 (GF59, photographed here in Llangollen recently) is in Amethyst/Purple.

Also we saw, parked in the next row when we were leaving, this one! DS09. Just as an aside, it is currently 83'F and 23:50.

Bob, I like the IQ spotting. I've only seen one other here, which is testament to how rare these cars are :) 

8 hours ago, ManifestYourIQ said:

Bob, I like the IQ spotting. I've only seen one other here, which is testament to how rare these cars are :) 

I must have seen in the years we have had our iQ, about 10 or so different iQ's pottering about. Saw one -the same colour as ours- early (ish) this morning as it was approaching the lights at Dobbies roundabout on the A5 just outside Shrewsbury -I was heading home already. There was a woman at the wheel. Now, this could have been our saviour when that moron from Scotland hit our parked car in a large town car park a few years back, and drove off. She left details that saw the B-stard caught, and he chose to do a course instead of taking it like a man... the fine and points I mean.

Not as rare as it used to be round here now, in fact i persuaded my stepdad to but a 12 plate auto, my other car though , now that is a rarity, seen 3 in the 6 months i've had it, 

tony

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my best ever tank, EVER, on Fuelly... Very, very chuffed with that result. The gauge read half a tank -we all know what that means, nothing- and decided to fill up as we have a relatively long journey coming up. Here are the details...

Fuel-up Added  - Best Tank! Congratulations, this tank is your best so far at 67.5 UK MPG!
Details:

MPG: 56.2 / UK MPG: 67.5
    mi/L: 14.8
    Miles: 241.8
    Litres: 16.29
    Price: £1.12/Litre
    Total: £18.20

...And yet, here is what Fuelly calls 'Recent Activity'

from this Toyota iQ 1.0 Manual

bob809 had 1 best tank for their 2009 Toyota iQ. Last Tank: 67.5 UK MPG 1 second ago
    bob809 fueled-up their 2009 Toyota iQ. Last Tank: 56.2 UK MPG 4 days ago
    bob809 fueled-up their 2009 Toyota iQ. Last Tank: 60.7 UK MPG 1 week ago
    bob809 fueled-up their 2009 Toyota iQ. Last Tank: 54.2 UK MPG 3 weeks ago

I know the last fuel up (4 days ago) was bad due to use of Air-Con, and likely the 3 weeks ago entry.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links