Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My "new" Auris Hybrid - 1st experiances

Catlover

Eygo showed a picture of the actual £20 device, including dimensions. The display itself shows everything backwards because it reflects onto the inside of the windscreen thus displaying the correct way. The unit is placed in a convenient place relative to the windscreen. I have positioned mine in the Auris on top of the vent very close to the windscreen. This means the display is low down on the screen. Place it further away from the screen and the display lifts upward on the screen, but I dont want it direct in field of vision. I will get a photo up but the thread HUD has more info from other posters, and that picture I referred to.

• Like 1

Here is a photo of the HUD from the view I see. I took the photo when I was stationary, of course!. You can see the mph at 0 mph (choice of kph or mph), the two bars show the Battery condition and water temperature, and you can see the marker at the top left of the display area showing just a bar. When the engine is running it goes across in sections of 250rpm, 4 sections to a 1000rpm. Of course when the Battery kicks in, the engine stops and the revs drop to zero.  Whist the miles the car has covered is now just over 63,000, the engine will have done somewhat less (due to Battery use) I just wondering how much less, 25%, 33%, be interesting to find out. P1010649.JPG.463b648ad56172588151eff7d42e6a20.JPG

• Like 3

Thanks for all the information, if I do buy an Auris I think I would go for one such as Catlover has shown above. I find the digital speed readout on my HUD very useful and would certainly want to replicate it if needed.

A great Android app I've recently discovered and used in my Prius is the free Hybridassistant, which runs off a bluetooth OBD2 dongle and being designed for Toyota hybrids shows all sorts of relevant information. A cut down version of this as a HUD would be great, maybe I will suggest it to them!

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of emphasis is put on how many mpg an Auris Hybrid does - and I can understand that. Currently, after owning one for a month now, I am averaging 61.1 mpg.

Compared to a petrol only car I would imagine that is good, but where I get a lot of satisfaction from is knowing that as I glide silently through small and large villages local to me I will not, on majority of occassions, be polluting the air that others are breathing. That has to be more important then how many mpg I am getting.

• Like 2

I haven't looked at my average for ages, I just like to see how far I can go in one stretch on electric only. Who needs a game console. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links