Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UKs Most Lucrative Speed Cameras

Mr Wolf

Britain's five most lucrative speed cameras have been revealed.

Locations and income derived as follows:

A1 Great Ponton North Bound, Lincolnshire - £606,400
M180 West of River Trent, Sc**thorpe - £583,500
M25 between junction 17-18, Rickmansworth - £538,500
M25 between junction 5 and Clacket Lane Services - £373,300
A12 Stratford St Mary, Southbound - £305,400

The figures were collated from a series of Freedom of Information requests submitted by Carole Nash Insurance.

Sargent Mark D Lucas of the Metropolitan Police was asked if he felt speed cameras helped to deter speeding.

He replied "Yes! Cameras will also pay for themselves several times over in the money saved to the economy by preventing deaths and serious injuries; road crashes were estimated to cost the economy £16.3 billion in 2014 due to human costs and costs to emergency, health and criminal justice services."

He added: "Cameras can catch far higher numbers of speeding motorists than traffic police with mobile cameras, and at much lower cost, freeing up police for other duties that cannot be conducted by technology, such as breath-testing."

Source 
Courtesy of pocketgpsworld.com

1 minute ago, Mr Wolf said:
He added: "Cameras can catch far higher numbers of speeding motorists than traffic police with mobile cameras, and at much lower cost, freeing up police for other duties that cannot be conducted by technology, such as breath-testing."

that would be fine if that is what happened but what really happens is that they cut back the no. of traffic officers ...

• 5 months later...

:huh::huh::huh:

Damn, look at these figure at the "income derived" money by those cameras. I wish I were a camera only if the government pays me just 10 percent of it.

Forums

News

Membership